Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adwords help

Default adwords help

Ok so I have set up a google adwords account, I have £50 credit in there, have set up my ad but it tells me I have no ad running, could someone possibly with good knowledge jump in and set it up for me, I will buy you a beer at bpm or on sunday if you go to Lacey Green.

Have you entered payment details? IIRC you need to set that up, even if you're starting on a voucher. I think there has to be a setup fee or test payment...something like that. Email me your login info if you want me to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Have you entered payment details? IIRC you need to set that up, even if you're starting on a voucher. I think there has to be a setup fee or test payment...something like that. Email me your login info if you want me to take a look.
    Started with a voucher and added to it. pm`ed you admin details

I started with a £50 voucher, but had to pay £5 into the account too to activate it.
    Craig Algar - Sheffield Wedding DJ
    Professional Wedding DJ & Moodlighting Services in Yorkshire
    www.sheffieldweddingdj.co.uk

If you've just set it up, you have to wait for a day or so before it will show up in the listings.

Check back in a few hours - you'll probably find that its working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Collins View Post
    If you've just set it up, you have to wait for a day or so before it will show up in the listings.

Check back in a few hours - you'll probably find that its working fine.
    I set it up last year but only just decided to use it, set the ad up yesterday

Google need to check your ad complies with thier guidelines. If there's nothing wrong your ad will be live within 24 hours.

Your URL needs to be exact as well, ie. if you have a landing page as www.example.com/page1

your url must show this, and not www.example.com

I did this for my hampshire wedding site www.hampshireweddingdj.com they refused it until I corrected the url to www.andycollinsdj.com/hampshire

If there is a problem - hover over one of your key words and a pop up will appear telling you why your ad is not live.

Figured this out so far

Ads aren't running due to incomplete billing information Your ads aren't running because you haven't entered your payment details.

I payed by credit card.

Once you've entered payment details, your ads may be eligible to start running right away or it may take up to a few weeks:

•If you pay with credit card or other postpay option, your ads may begin showing and accruing costs immediately after you submit billing information. We also recommend that you provide a backup credit card to help ensure that your ads continue running if your primary payment method fails.

Ok got it working. Marc i will leave your admin up there if you can make it a better ad then please be my guest.

Thanks for help everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    I set it up last year but only just decided to use it, set the ad up yesterday
    I'd be very surprised if the voucher works, as they're normally for new accounts only, and yours is a year old. I think you'll find you'll be paying from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Ok got it working. Marc i will leave your admin up there if you can make it a better ad then please be my guest.
    I'll take a look when I get a minute