Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my new site

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post

Chances are that those which haven't been stolen have been licensed under the 'standard' licensing model from one of the major stock distributors, in which case the person who paid the money for them should be free to use them once (and once only) for each purchase.
    So I have the right to use them??

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    So I have the right to use them??
    I'm speculating Hammy. Generally this is how it works, yes. Web designer pays for a 'standard licence' from Shutterstock or wherever which allows them to use it on a single commercial project, then bills the client accordingly.

I'd advise you to find out from the designer under which terms and from which sources the images were obtained, and take it from there.

Or buy yourself £30 worth of credit on Shutterstock and download a bunch for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post

Or buy yourself £30 worth of credit on Shutterstock and download a bunch for yourself
    Well to be honest I bought the name and its in my name (if that makes sense) and im going to point it now to the site I designed (even though its not ready) but I`m not having plagiarism on my hands, Going to try and get my £200 back but dont see any hope in it.

Shutterstock account opened, I can have decent looking pics on site till I learn how to take a good photo.

Hammy, you may be able to minimise exif data by just ticking a box in the software you use to resize the images.

I use Photoshop and that is what I do when I save as a jpg.

It's not a big deal leaving the data in there but I and most pro Togs will minimize it leaving just the copyright info in there.

Steve

I personally would try and use a slightly darker shade of gray for all of the text as on my lovely HD monitor there is a lot of white and the text can become hard to read.

Once you have your images sorted out, try and get one image on each page, on the right of the text, that explains that page. Picture tells a thousand words.

Also, on the home page, from a legal perspective can you write "I truly promise to make it a night to remember for you and everyone there." ?

Thanks Tom
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thex-faders View Post
    I personally would try and use a slightly darker shade of gray for all of the text as on my lovely HD monitor there is a lot of white and the text can become hard to read.

Once you have your images sorted out, try and get one image on each page, on the right of the text, that explains that page. Picture tells a thousand words.

Also, on the home page, from a legal perspective can you write "I truly promise to make it a night to remember for you and everyone there." ?

Thanks Tom
    It's the body text that got me, too. When I opened your site, my laptop screen was at such an angle that I couldn't see any body text at all. It wasn't until I tilted my screen (by quite a margin, actually!) that I saw there was text there after all.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    It's the body text that got me, too. When I opened your site, my laptop screen was at such an angle that I couldn't see any body text at all. It wasn't until I tilted my screen (by quite a margin, actually!) that I saw there was text there after all.

Also, it is recommended by some, not all, website designers that you have a text version of your telephone number available as Google etc will add this to maps listings.

However it does slightly increase the likelihood of marketing calls etc. So up to you really.

Tom
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

I agree with most of the comments but £600 for a website with no control over it seems expensive to me..

Lucky I only stumped up £200 for it which I will have to take a loss but hey ho tomorrows another day, I have now turned to an advertiser on the MDD forums, Thanks for all the input folks