Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bose L1 Question

Default Bose L1 Question

Quick qustion for all Bose L1 users on the forum:

What system do you use and what is the biggest audience you have used it for?

Thanks.

Ian

I use the Bose L1 model 1, and used the 1 speaker for 200 people easily.

We too have a model 1 with the 2 bass speakers and it is great for up to 200 people depending on the room and gig.
    High quality bespoke wedding entertainment
    www.thepinkelephantcompany.co.uk
    part of 'The Pink Elephant Entertainment Company Ltd'

I've used a Bose L1 model 2 with a pair of B1 bass cabs for 2 years now, and find them superb for both background and main music. I've recently got an additional L1 for larger (300-400 guests ) venues and they work great for those venues too.

I find the Bose T1 tone match controller a really good benefit too.

Even with just the 2 x B1s I have been told at several places that the bass is very significant at surprising distances (angry nearby party poopers normally)

I use a model 2, 2 B1's with a T1.

I have used them in a marquee with 200 in and got rave reviews from the guests.

I've done 100 people easy with an L1 and two B1's, and 200 with a pair of L1's and four B1's.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 16-01-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

I have used one L1 with 2 B1's with a tonematch in a 100 foot by 30 foot marquee for a crowd of 180-200 and got rave reviews and further bookings.

Now, should you wish not to believe that, then that is your preference.

The only time I have had to hire an extra L1 and 2 B1's was for a 60th party with a Queen tribute band, the Bohemians for a crowd of approx 300.
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 16-01-2012 at 10:44 PM.

OK, all off topic posts have been deleted by Bose users and non users.

Please don't attempt to post an opinion unless you are a Bose user.

Thank you.

I believe you Silver but personally don't feel happy doing more than about 200 people with 2 L1s and 4 B1s. I have only ever used 1 L1 with any number of B1s for back ground and in-church.

Sounds like I would side more with Ian on this one.

I think at the end of the day its what you feel happy with and what you are used to. Also of course different crowds make a difference. In the past couple of weeks I have had one chap that thanked me for my "sympathetic use of the volume" and then a party for Young Farmers that no number of L1s and B1s would do for. About 6 years ago when all I had was the PAS I used to use up to 8 B1s and still wasn't happy with the bass for larger parties of 300+.

What I do now is keep them and use them when the time is right. I do think they sound superb but just don't think the power or bass is there for the majority of DJ applications, but at the end of the day they were never intended for that use anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Goodtimes View Post
    I believe you Silver but personally don't feel happy doing more than about 200 people with 2 L1s and 4 B1s. I have only ever used 1 L1 with any number of B1s for back ground and in-church.

Sounds like I would side more with Ian on this one.

I think at the end of the day its what you feel happy with and what you are used to. Also of course different crowds make a difference. In the past couple of weeks I have had one chap that thanked me for my "sympathetic use of the volume" and then a party for Young Farmers that no number of L1s and B1s would do for. About 6 years ago when all I had was the PAS I used to use up to 8 B1s and still wasn't happy with the bass for larger parties of 300+.

What I do now is keep them and use them when the time is right. I do think they sound superb but just don't think the power or bass is there for the majority of DJ applications, but at the end of the day they were never intended for that use anyway.
    I would use the same Andy, I think the absolute maximum for 1 L1 is 200 people (depending on venue). You could have 200 in a warehouse that could hold say, 1000 and you might want more.

There were some photos on the Bose forum some time ago where somebody had 4 L1's and 16 B1's for an outside gig!