Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: New Site!

Default New Site!

http://real-sounds.co.uk/index.html

Just updated my site guys,

let me know what you think

I won't comment on the design aspects of the site but happy to give it my Top 10 observations These are all IMHO of course.

1. It spectacularly fails W3C validation; some of the aspects on which it fails will almost certainly cause layout issues on some browsers

2. The old chestnut - grammar and spelling. Get someone with a keen eye to go through it moving your apostrophes around - from disco's to Britains for example; proffessional only has one 'f'; 10 million pound is actually plural (FAQs), and so on. The site is littered with them.

3. Do you REALLY get sufficient clients outside the UK calling to warrant making your contact box so cluttered with (+44)(0) ? It's fine on the contact page but the contact box, if you do have one, should be as clean and tidy as possible to have maximum impact. On the same note, presumably you have domain email so I'd suggest losing 'enquiries@' (which lots of folks struggle to spell correctly) and use dj@ or web@ then a bit of server-side redirection.

4. Why just a mobile? People hate that. There's plenty of threads here about that, so I won't reiterate.

5. Why "anytime after 6pm weekdays"? Makes you sound like a part-timer. "Agency" / "Part-timer" doesn't gel. If you can't take calls in the daytime, get voicemail or employ an answering service.

6. If you feel you must advertise negatives (eg. "we are prepared to travel further (at a small cost)") then find a more succinct way of saying it.

7. If the ASA CAP Code team took a look around your site they'd have a field day with some of the claims - eg. "You will not be dissapointed [sic] with any of our services", "... [we] offer extremely high quality entertainment", "Our equipment is top of the range" etc.. The basic rule of thumb for staying within the guidelines is to not promise what you cannot prove.

8. Packages based around gear not around service. Doesn't say "quality operator" to me.

9. Some of the pages (eg. Club Nights, Mobile Disco) make a difficult read due to no natural breaks in long slabs of text. Most site visitors have the attention span of an amoeba, so you should try to break it up - paragraphs, bullets, dividers or illustrations are great ways to achieve this.

10. Why does the AMPDJ logo link to your index page?

All points taken on board!

I'll get to work and come back at you haha!

The webpage header as a whole links back to the index page, I didn't really want to put a home button on the navigation but still wanted access back to the index...

On your Mobile Disco page you have a video... The sound quality is awful and does not sell your services whatsoever.

Either get a professional one done or go for a photo montage with nice backing track in my opinion.
    I prefer the selection of photos on the club night page than the terrible video. Yes it's static but much better in my opinion.

I would recommend going for AddThis or something similar instead of just the Facebook like, so people can like, tweet, email, print the page for example.

Keep the facebook feed box on the right so people can just Like your page. They will get your updates by doing this anyway.

Thanks

Tom
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

No really had a good look but that first photo is very bad.

Sorry if its you or anything but its of a very drunk skin headed bloke falling all over a girl on an empty dancefloor.
    3/4 of the other pictures are of pretty much empty dancefloors too which will not attract any clients .
    Get a decent photographer to do some pics or at best go on istock and buy some.

The rest is not bad but a bit cluttered. Depends what market you want but you will attract the dregs with what you have.

Ask you mum, girlfriend etc. what all this is - do you think they will have any idea or care?
    They just want someone to turn up and impress them and thier guests. they will assume you have good equipment.

2 x JBL EON 500w Powered Speakers
    1 x Vestax Professional 4 Channel Mixer
    1 x Packard Bell, 4GB, Quadcore HD Laptop
    1 x 300mw Green Lazer
    2 x Acme Miracled Lights
    2 x Pro Light 64 Led Par Can
    2 x Acme Dynamo 250w Intelligient Light Scanners
    1 x Kam 1000w High Output Smoke Machine
    Various Stands & Lighting Rig

Good start though and it has great promise - sorry for the slating.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

with other posts, would also add that although most of the site displays ok on iPhone/iPad the video doesn't. Too many exclamation marks !!! Lazer is spelt laser (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emmission of Radiation iirc lol) more photos needed as on small screen tricky to read. Use stock photos until you get some decent ones.

Email link doesn't ! As vectis mentioned easier to have info@ or book@ or even contact@ lose the (+44) on iPhones etc the 078 number is only highlighted anyway, it doesn't take the country code into account so no point it being there.

on the home page - "A huge £25 off if booked before 28th Feb" - Surely £25 is only Huge if you're charging £60
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

looks nice and sleek, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by simonp View Post
    on the home page - "A huge £25 off if booked before 28th Feb" - Surely £25 is only Huge if you're charging £60
    He does say they work for low prices,however the quality is high.

I'd lose alot of the photos you have on the site. From the pervy bloke all over that girl when the site loads up to someone (you?) wearing a Mr Bump t shirt!

Take the video off, awful quality and does you no favours.
    Steve