Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello all

Default Hello all

Hello all you pro dj's out there, my name is Jamie and i live in Reading (seems i'm no alone in that on this forum though!). Although I have been dj'ing on and off for years it has mostly been on other peoples sound systems or at club nights as reggae dj (i've been collecting reggae vinyl for over 20 years).

Over the last 18 months or so i've found myself doing a few parties for family, friends, friends of friends etc. playing commercial music (with plenty of classic cheese) and i've really enjoyed it. Anyway it's getting to the stage where i'm getting a few word of mouth enquiries for paid jobs so i'm considering getting myself setup proper. I have quite a bit of kit already, and although it's not the best quality it does the job in the sound department, lighting is something i know little about though and it was researching it that led me here.

As i said i'm just researching and considering getting setup at the moment, i have a young family and work full time so i would only be looking at doing a small number of jobs compared to you guys. Really just weighing up the pro's and con's at the moment, what i need etc etc.

Anyway, thanks for having me and thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Jamie

Hello Jamie &

Thanks for sharing a bit of background, and please feel free to jump in / ask questions if you can't find what you're looking for via the search facility.

You'll find people of here knowledgeable in just about every related subject, and willing to help / share experiences and knowledge.

Hello Jamie,

Welcome to the MDD forum.

Welcome along buddy.

Welcome Jamie.

Hi Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jammus View Post
    ......... plenty of classic cheese .........
    That's my kind of music!

Hello and welcome, Jamie. Nice to have you aboard, enjoy yourself here.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Just wondering if I need to do something special to post in some of the sub forums? was just trying to post in the 'Wanted' and 'PAT' sections but don't have the permissions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jammus View Post
    Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Just wondering if I need to do something special to post in some of the sub forums? was just trying to post in the 'Wanted' and 'PAT' sections but don't have the permissions.

Thanks
    I'll look into for you.

Edit: I've just tried posting in both the 'Wanted' forum & the 'PAT' forum and was able to post in both with a new member forum account. You will have restrictions to the For Sale section, but there isn't any restricted permissions in the 2 forums you've mentioned. Can you remember what error message was shown when you tried to post in those sections?
    Last edited by Shaun; 25-01-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks for your help Shaun, the message I'm getting is as follows:-

vBulletin Message

jammus, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1) Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2) If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.