Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you sing

Talking Do you sing

Ok I am sorry to say I aint in favour of karaoke its my ex's forte so getting me to sing means alcohol first so I try to avoid singing as I have to drive..

Do you sing to get your crowd going or do you let the and them alone do it

I normally sing for the first couple of songs if people aren't yet ready to get up and sing themselves.

It's all about the entertainment factor.

There's nothing entertaining about a KJ who just sits there playing music 'cos no-one wants to sing yet!

with my voice you gotta be joking - i make george micheal sound good

I agree with Daz, I will sing a tune or two, try and get everyone going, or offer to sing a duet with anyone, that also works.

I also dont play the songs in the order they come in like some DJ's do. I pick and chose them based on whether its first song, second song, and/or type of song and what I need the song to do for the crowd.

if the music is turned up load enough then i will have a sing along :teeth: :teeth:

Savin' it for the shower
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.

Ironically enough, as just a karaoke afficionado, I'll pick songs I feel are designed to get the crowd happy (doing your job for you!). Typically Rawhide, Soul Man, Grease or Ghostbusters - and why those? I can get everyone clapping/singing and maybe even dancing away to these!

Besides, Ghostbusters is pitifully easy and everyone should be aware of the theme by now (especially the "children of the 80s" as it were).

Regards,

Yickle.

P.S. The only problem I find, is that people get comfortable sometimes with just ME going up there :\

Well i have the voice of a deaf angel! But i still sing if needed... The way i look at it is if the karaoke host wont get up and sing why should anyone else???

Plus when they hear how bad i really am it puts the "well i can do better than that" thought in their heads OR "well i can't be any worse than that".

At the end of the day karaoke is supposed to be fun and having at laugh at others as well as yourself... So hell why not join in
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Yep.. and for those who haven't heard, James does a cracking version of Barbie Girl!!

Mind you, i've been known to both sing and dance to kareoke.. and i was sober (ish :beer: :beer: )
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Ha ha ha! those were the days.... Care-free afternoons sat drinking in Sanddancers doing a bit of stitch up karaoke before work..... Watching the outside world get flooded and washed away in a massive downpour that the streets couldn't cope with..

Not heard your version of Mysterious Girl either for a long time dan... No to mention Darrell and his shaggy rap....
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49