Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Looking for a specific type of Cross Over

Default Looking for a specific type of Cross Over

Getting a bit of a head ache going through web sites and specifications for Cross Over units, I’m finding that lots of the descriptions are not too clear, especially about the particular type I need…So, I wonder does anyone know of any current models that might suit my needs?

I’m after a unit that’s 2-way but that can have the bass switched to run mono whilst keeping the mid/top stereo. It needs to connect from the outs of my mixer and then the bass to my active bins and the mid/top to my active full range cabs and obviously have independent stereo/mono switches.

This is for a specific system for a room that holds up to about 130 for a sit-down meal and about 180 for a normal style evening disco party. I shall be using RCF902 bins and QSC K10s top cabs, I want to run the bass in mono and set the frequency between roughly 40-180hz and run the tops with the bass set to normal but use the cross over unit to set the frequencies from about 180-1800hz. The furnishings and layout of the room make it fairly bass hungry so that’s why I need to mono the bass.

Many thanks

Andy

The easiest unit would be the Behringer DC2496.
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/DCX2496.aspx

DBX Driverack.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk