Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Cross Over wanted

Default Cross Over wanted

Looking for a specific type of cross over unit and if anyone has one second hand no longer needed I'm happy to buy it off you, I have posted in the technical help forum and this is what I posted save me typing out my specific requirements again...

Getting a bit of a head ache going through web sites and specifications for Cross Over units, I’m finding that lots of the descriptions are not too clear, especially about the particular type I need…So, I wonder does anyone know of any current models that might suit my needs?

I’m after a unit that’s 2-way but that can have the bass switched to run mono whilst keeping the mid/top stereo. It needs to connect from the outs of my mixer and then the bass to my active bins and the mid/top to my active full range cabs and obviously have independent stereo/mono switches.

This is for a specific system for a room that holds up to about 130 for a sit-down meal and about 180 for a normal style evening disco party. I shall be using RCF902 bins and QSC K10s top cabs, I want to run the bass in mono and set the frequency between roughly 40-180hz and run the tops with the bass set to normal but use the cross over unit to set the frequencies from about 180-1800hz. The furnishings and layout of the room make it fairly bass hungry so that’s why I need to mono the bass.

Many thanks

Andy

I'm fairly sure ( only fairly mind ) that what you seek is standard among active crossovers. I'm also fairly sure that if you speak nicely to the young chap who you're meeting this week to pass some RCF's onto, he has one which is now surplus.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Cheers for that, I'll give him a call and ask. I did look at some new Wharfdale models and some Citronic ones too and they were all either stereo or mono and you couldn't have one part of it mono and the other stereo, but I do recall having an Aces one some years ago that would have done exactly what I want.

a Friend of mine has a Studiomaster c160 crossover for sale i dont think he wants much.. give him a call 'mikey' on 07850547179 and its in very good condtion.
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

If i am reading what you say correctly , you are needing two channel outputs from the crossover but the low channels set to mono and the high channels set to stereo?

If so I can't think of any crossover I've seen that will give separate stereo/mono controls for highs and lows. A suggestion would be the Behringher CX2310 that has a mono sub output but as it only has one output, you would either have to link the bass bins or use a splitter to send a cable to each bin.

Thanks for the replies. I shall have a chat to Justin first as I am going to see him on tuesday so it could be a case of killing two birds with one stone and saving postage etc. However, I have since found the DB Technologies ASX18 which would appear to do the job I want for about the £125 mark.

Hi Andy,

Yes, Peter is correct, I have an active crossover (complete with original manual) maybe you can have a peruse over it on Tuesday and if it's what you want, I'm sure we can come to some arrangement on the night.

It's only about 18 months old and has served me very well.

See you on Tuesday,

Justin.