Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abstract xp alternatives?

Default Abstract xp alternatives?

As the xp range is no more and I am struggling to find a stockist, I'm looking for a range that does pretty much the same. With the xp's controller you could control different fixtures (flowers, scanners, barrels) so they all did the same thing. Also you could select one colour or gobo etc. Their controller was so simple to use with pre loaded dmx settings on a push-button pad. Is anyone else manufacturing a similar thing does anyone know? Or do you know a shop still selling the xp range?

Sound To Light Services

We carry spares for the complete range of Abstract stuff if that's any help regards getting stuff for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound To Light Services View Post
    We carry spares for the complete range of Abstract stuff if that's any help regards getting stuff for them.
    Trouble is, as they get older the circuitry, connectors and wiring all seem to break down due to the heat so it's not just a case of new barrel or motors and stuff like that. I've got 3 spare xp3's which I use for spares when it's those type of things.

i used to have 2x xp1's 2x xp2's and 2 x xp3's i changed to 2x dynarock 250 and 2x dynamo 250 cheap as chips half the size and light as hell.

Do they look as good? And can you link them so they change colour together?

yeah they look just fine and for the size and weight even better! I have mine on my overhead dynorock dynamo dynamo dynarock, I link the middle two and then the outers as I found this for a better show as as you cannot have 2 sound groups like with the abstracts you can only invert the mirrors which I have also done
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 23-01-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Text Speak (yet again)

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Soundz View Post
    yeah they look just fine and for the size and weight even better! I have mine on my overhead dynorock dynamo dynamo dynarock, I link the middle two and then the outers as I found this for a better show as as you cannot have 2 sound groups like with the abstracts you can only invert the mirrors which I have also done
    "Last edited by Corabar Entertainment : Today at 01:56 PM. Reason: Text Speak (yet again)"

*Aside : But silly smilies are ok! *

Taking a closer look at these and working out how to re-configure my lightshow.
    Also looking at the Dynatwin. Thanks for your help mate

Quote Originally Posted by musicologydisco View Post
    "Last edited by Corabar Entertainment : Today at 01:56 PM. Reason: Text Speak (yet again)"

*Aside : But silly smilies are ok! *
    I beg your pardon?

these are the led's i dont like the dots but i found this whenresearching into looking for alternatives for my xp lights and wint for the 250 bulb version

Yes I'll be wanting 250w halogen or 150 HID. LED's no good to me. I want bright beams and good quality gobo patterns.