Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naming Karaoke tracks

Default Naming Karaoke tracks

I've been asked to do a karaoke night in March. They're supplying all the gear, but have given me a HDD with a load of tracks on it. Thing is some of them are named like this SMW885-14 - Pink - You Make Me Sick, obviously when I put them into VDJ they might or might not display correctly. Also if I do a list printout I want it to show Artist - Track. I know you have to have both the CDG and MP3 file named the same in a zip file, so how can I strip out the numbers and make sure the files are renamed the same ?

If you already know the disc codes then you can use a database program in which you simply tell it the code and it lists the tracks from that disc.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Hello

First of all is the HDD Legal ? ... all the tracks on there legally sourced and paid for ?

If so, then we move on

Right then, best thing to do, but painstakingly long is to 'un-zip' all the files, then rename them all without the disc codes - then you have to zip them all up again !!

You're best bet is to just add file name along with the database search...

Good Luck!

p.s. to add ... look up Karaoke Books at www.karaokebooks.com and there you can add all of the disc codes to generate your books, but you would need to subscribe
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

There a batch zip programs online for zipping and unzipping multiple folders. May save a bit of time.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

As Larry has said, you know what discs the tracks are from so you've got a good start here. VDJ will not have any problems finding tracks as it searches in such a way that it looks for the text you have entered within the information it is looking through. Therefore, if you search for "pink" or "you make me sick" and the filename is SMW885-14 - Pink - You Make Me Sick, it will still show it in the results.

As for creating you list of songs, Airwer's Karaoke Song List Creator may just become your new best friend!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Thanks for the help guys, looks like might be a long process ! Some of the files are zipped, others are unzipped. I've got a renaming program, but although it will remove the SF007-05 at the start, it also removes the hyphen between the track and artist ! Looks like going to have to use something like Airwer's program, which I already have.

By the way Glenski, AFAIK they're all legal, someone copied thier karaoke collection from when they used to do competitions in a bar here. Oh and Dazzy yes I know VDJ will search on any part of the filename, just wanted a sort of list for the punters to look at, looks like KSLC will have to come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Paulie View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, looks like might be a long process ! Some of the files are zipped, others are unzipped. I've got a renaming program, but although it will remove the SF007-05 at the start, it also removes the hyphen between the track and artist ! Looks like going to have to use something like Airwer's program, which I already have.

By the way Glenski, AFAIK they're all legal, someone copied thier karaoke collection from when they used to do competitions in a bar here. Oh and Dazzy yes I know VDJ will search on any part of the filename, just wanted a sort of list for the punters to look at, looks like KSLC will have to come into play.
    It is along process -what you can do is use MP3tag (Free Software ) and use the Convert Function > Convert txt to tag.

So you can look up the track listing on the internet and save it as a text file, you can then use the convert function and write it to the tags. Once you have the tags correctly identified you can then use the Tag to filename.

It sounds long winded, but in practice you can do this in a matter of seconds and you can process each CD in one go.

Hope this helps.
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk

Okay, so you still have access to all the original CD+G karaoke discs ? that have been 'copied'.

Thank you

Glenn

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Please let me know how you get on wit this, as i am in the process of ripping all my cdgs to a hdd, and want to make a song list, but have the same problem
    Oxfordshire based Mobile Disco www.GHMobileDisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by gharbud View Post
    Please let me know how you get on wit this, as i am in the process of ripping all my cdgs to a hdd, and want to make a song list, but have the same problem
    Hello what software are you using to rip your CD+G discs ?

I use Power CDG Burner >> Click Here

I rip them to mp3+g 320 VBR and the software automatically 'zips' the two files (mp3 and .cdg file).

I lose the disc prefix and just keep the 'Artist - Song Title', then place my zipped files into respective folders for that disc number and manufacturer

I then use Karaoke Books >> Click Here to generate all my karaoke CD+G discs using the manufacturer disc codes - it also allows for custom burn discs to be added manually

Thank you

Glenn

p.s. to add, i use VDJ Pro 7 to run my shows and it finds all the songs fine, either by tag, genre, artist, title or even file name