Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Page Rank

Default Page Rank

Hi All,

Just out of interest, does Page Rank actually make much of a difference to how your website performs?

Our primary website is now at 3, which I understand is pretty good, but does this really make a difference with search engine results?

Thanks

Jamie

In my experience, not as much as it used to.

I have a number of sites at various PRs and have concluded recently that the PR tends not to influence organic position too much. What it does affect quite significantly are your potential adsense earnings. I had one site recently drop from PR3 to PR2 and it's adsense earnings simultaneously dropped about 30%. My interpretation is that as a PR2 you're seen as not being 'as valuable' by the ad auction process and so end up with lower value ads.

But in terms of generic brochure type sites, I don't think it makes a lot of difference. Now if you were comparing PR9 with PR1, then it probably would!

PR is a poor indicator of a sites worth and potential ranking - Google themselves have said webmasters should ignore it. Obviously a PR 9 site and a PR 1 are completely different beasts, but I'd focus on other metrics to be honest.

In my opinion it's still there and being used, but as google has moved to hummingbird they're focusing more on other factors such as good and new content etc.