Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mere Golf Resort & Spa - Cheshire

Default The Mere Golf Resort & Spa - Cheshire

Obviously a site visit isn't suitable because it's two hours away, but any info on access etc would be helpful and much appreciated.

Charlie thats a hell of a trek for you. When are you there?

I did have a job there in August, but had to pass it on due to an issue with the date.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

In April. I'm sure somebody would have been?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    In April. I'm sure somebody would have been?
    Excellent, I expect a full venue report as I'm there in June. Wouldn't usually go that far but it's from a Wedding planner friend of mine and costs are more than covered
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Excellent, I expect a full venue report as I'm there in June. Wouldn't usually go that far but it's from a Wedding planner friend of mine and costs are more than covered
    Paul, I think you may have misunderstood. Charlie, as we know, has not yet been licensed to drive a horseless carriage, so was looking for someone else to do the legwork. With your newfound enthusiasm for Golf, I'd have expected you to have killed two birds with one stone: Site visit, and a round of golf. ( Three, if you took Emma for a day at the Spa as well. )
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    At least in June there is a chance that the roads won't be snowed in

There doesn't appear to be a review on Need a Disco either.

What is quite disturbing on Need A Disco - and no offence Martin at all - is that Mere is a very exclusive golf club and venue.

Of the 4 recommended disco's 2 look terrible and have no place in a venue like Mere. You just could not set that gear up in Mere.

I don't know the function suite, but played in a golf day at Mere about 8 years ago. I am however struggling to recall which one was Mere Golf Club and which was Mere Country Club as done golf days at both. Both very very nice.

Edit - the other one was High Legh, Mere Golf Course and Country Club are the same place. That part of Cheshire is just full of expensive golf courses
    Last edited by NKR; 26-01-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    There doesn't appear to be a review on Need a Disco either.

What is quite disturbing on Need A Disco - and no offence Martin at all - is that Mere is a very exclusive golf club and venue.
    Doesn't surprise me.

Is it a really posh place?

On the website, it says you can get married for £3500 inclusive of everything, including a DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    2 look terrible and have no place in a venue like Mere.
    Ha! Just had a look, and I see what you mean

Unfortunately those spots are filled based mainly on proximity to the venue as no-one's sent us a proper review yet.

When they do, that'll all change.

Those pages get a surprising number of clicks, so it's only a matter of time before someone starts to profit from having their half-decent disco listed on there...

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    Ha! Just had a look, and I see what you mean

Unfortunately those spots are filled based mainly on proximity to the venue as no-one's sent us a proper review yet.

When they do, that'll all change.

Those pages get a surprising number of clicks, so it's only a matter of time before someone starts to profit from having their half-decent disco listed on there...
    Shame I can't review it. We are at Tatton Park all weekend for the norths biggest wedding fair so just around the corner. Will hopefully pick some bookings up there over the next couple of years.

Had to move a job on in August due to unforseen circumstances too.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Doesn't surprise me.

Is it a really posh place?

On the website, it says you can get married for £3500 inclusive of everything, including a DJ.
    Its Mere Country Club. Its in a very expensive area and is a very nice place.

Thats winter and for 60 people.

I would recommend not turning up in jeans and trainers even to load. You may not be allowed into the club.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 26-01-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk