Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Mere Golf Resort & Spa - Cheshire

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Divas View Post
    I hope the two disco's your were referring to below didn't include Disco Divas!
    Hi Pauline and Emma

I've had a quick look at all 4 disco websites and from what I can see, you have nothing to worry about.

Please take the time to introduce yourselves in the "Newbies" section, and welcome to the forum!

Hi there i've played there several times. I must warn you.You are NOT alloud to ware any denim jeans etc anyware in the grounds. even if you are only setting up your gear. I was told in no uncertain terms by the boss that if I ever wore denim I would not be allowed to set up! This is the place where most of granada tv staff play golf.

I did 3 gigs there last year at Mere Golf and country club, there is also a wedding venue called Mere Court, which one is it ? they are quite different.

I am passing it tomorrow as off to Tatton Park for the wedding show. Hope to pick some decent bookings up in Cheshire, finally.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Moments View Post
    Hi there i've played there several times. I must warn you.You are NOT alloud to ware any denim jeans etc anyware in the grounds. even if you are only setting up your gear. I was told in no uncertain terms by the boss that if I ever wore denim I would not be allowed to set up! This is the place where most of granada tv staff play golf.
    And why would you wear denim anyway??

Quote Originally Posted by par6 View Post
    I did 3 gigs there last year at Mere Golf and country club, there is also a wedding venue called Mere Court, which one is it ? they are quite different.
    Think the thread title gives the correct name of where Charlie is after
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Moments View Post
    .You are NOT alloud to ware any denim jeans etc anyware in the grounds. even if you are only setting up your gear. I was told in no uncertain terms by the boss that if I ever wore denim I would not be allowed to set up! .
    Combats & steel capped boots then.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Combats & steel capped boots then.
    Sir!! Are you out of your mind? In such venues, a suit at all times is de rigeur.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Ok, Mere golf country resort and spa
    Really quite posh,full of "new" money types.
    The main function suite, the only one I've worked in, NO stairs but about a 50 yard walk with your gear to a made up portable bouncy "stage".
    1am bar, certainly no jeans on the course but as far as setting up goes I can see no problem, I'm sure that contracted workers around the place wear denim
    PAT and PLI needed of course, all in all a nice venue. The staff may be a bit cool with you because you're not their normal Dj but hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by par6 View Post
    Ok, Mere golf country resort and spa
    Really quite posh,full of "new" money types.
    The main function suite, the only one I've worked in, NO stairs but about a 50 yard walk with your gear to a made up portable bouncy "stage".
    1am bar, certainly no jeans on the course but as far as setting up goes I can see no problem, I'm sure that contracted workers around the place wear denim
    PAT and PLI needed of course, all in all a nice venue. The staff may be a bit cool with you because you're not their normal Dj but hey ho.
    Sure, thank you.

Are you the resident DJ?

No not the resident, I think they use an agency who send the same couple of guys.