Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping a pallet

Its me selling the speakers to Ian.

The problem is I have no where I can leave a pallet ready for collection when Ian told me the carrier wouldn’t even specify morning or afternoon, it would be blocking the pavement, would get wet if it rained and might get pinched.

I can get the speakers sent in individual boxes but they might not clear the weight limits, so far I have only found a company that will ship boxes up to 30kg and the speakers are advertised as being 27.6kg and 29kg so I’m not really sure which it is, add the covers, leads and the boxes themselves and if they are 29kg it will surely go over 30kg and if they are 27.6kg it might still go over 30kg, even if the carrier doesn’t weigh them I dares say they will get weighed at an airport or ferry dock and then they could be held in some warehouse somewhere awaiting collection and maybe incur extra charges, even if they are under the 30kg limit they would still cost £56 per box.

I intend to see if a local carrier will accept them off me at their actual depot and pallet them if necessary, someone has told me that might be an option, however, I haven’t had chance to do anything about it today.

The other thing is if its cheaper a friend will take them in Ni if Ian is able to collect them from Belfast as I am also told NI is classed as UK for postage purposes.

If it is at all doable I will do it…I mean only last week I had a trip of 127 miles each way delivering another set of speakers to another MDD forum member.

In all fairness Ian in your last PM you did say no rush as you weren’t out for another couple of weeks, I fully intend to spend some time on this tomorrow…well later today, could you ring me or PM me your number as it would be better if we could talk about this over the phone rather than PMs. You are obviously keen on the speakers and I am perfectly happy to sell them to you and will do anything I can to help get them to you.

Hey Andy, I just emailed you as your box is full. No pressure timewise and belfast is perfect for me too, only two hour drive. I was even considering a trip on the ferry although that might be expensive unless I go around the country buying lots of stuff! Anyone have a dsbp/s&h to sell or one or two wizard extreme cases? I'll email my number although am busy in the dayjob today training.

Well it looks like we are sorted now.

Might be of use to someone else one day, there is a site called www.interparcel.com that are a bit like a comparisum site, they came up with UPS for just under £60 inc. of VAT, thing is if you contact UPS direct they are 3 times that. Even DPD who Cookies use wanted £187 and that's for a fairly large trade customer.

It looks like its the larger companies that will accept parcels over 30kg and its those companies that won't accept orders off private customers without an account. I got chatting to a girl at Parcel Force who was very helpful and it was her that put me onto that site.

Andy, I use interparcel all the time, there are loads of threads here that recommend them, I was just about to then saw the last post.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Andy, I use interparcel all the time, there are loads of threads here that recommend them, I was just about to then saw the last post.

Just to say that with Andys help I got the two speakers shipped to Dublin and fully insured for £84 which I'm happy with and also to say how helpful and genuine Andy has been. cheers