Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best sound card and laptop ?

Question Best sound card and laptop ?

Assuming all the rest of the equipment was the best, what's the best sound card and laptop for the clearest sound possible please?

Without having personally tested every laptop and sound card on the market in all the possible combinations then I'm not really sure how anyone can answer that question. And let's not forget that the environment plays a big part in how sound is received by the listener so you could have the "best" sound card connected to the "best" laptop but if the accoustics of the room or whatever were not good then the sound could still come across as terrible.

Sound is very subjective and what sounds good to you might not sound good to me. For example, at my karaoke on Friday, punters at the bar were complaining that they couldn't hear the singers clearly as the backing was too loud whilst the singers and punters on the other side of the room where saying the mics were loud compared to the music. The set up of the speakers is dictated by the venue management and, basically, I'm in the middle of a rectangular room and the sound is bouncing straight off the walls opposite. I've got a decent laptop with two decent soundcards and I still get situations like this!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I use Echo Indigo DJ and N.I. Audio Kontrol1
    The sound of the Audio Kontrol1 is so much better.
    So I would argue for Audio Kontrol6 (The replacement for Audio Kontrol1)
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...dio-kontrol-1/
    Lee

Have been very happy with the Native Instruments Audio 4 and Audio 6 that I have. In terms of out and out volume, I have to push the mixer less than when I had my Maya USB, but I haven't done a side by side comparison. Considering these sound cards are used on huge rigs by the pro DJ's I think that speaks for the quality.

It depends whether you are looking for DJing or Production as the needs will be different I guess, as will the connections offered.

Thumbs up

Many thanks for those recommendations, it's appreciated. It looks like the Native instruments have the votes so far. Any others ?

I'm using a Numark DJiO external sound card, and i'm very happy with the results, always ensuring that my drivers are up to date

Thank you
    *** Genie Discs Entertainments ***

Professional Sound & Lighting, PAT Compliant, DJ Guard PLI Insurance and PRS/MCPS ProDub License.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenski View Post
    I'm using a Numark DJiO external sound card, and i'm very happy with the results, always ensuring that my drivers are up to date

Thank you
    Thanks - that infos appreciated. Still comes out clear even when the volume is way up?

NI sound cards are the best I've used, and if you're on a budget, go for an NI Audio 2. I find they're all much better sound quality than the Maya's. Not had any experience with the Numark DJIO.

I've just got myself a Native Instruments S4 controller, these have a built in sound card. I've only had it a couple of days, but I have to say i'm extremely impressed with the output so far.

Another DJIO user, very happy, even at high volume.
    ...the chemistry of music
    ''''