Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancellations

Default Cancellations

Hi All,

I received a text earlier to say that I was no longer needed for a party as the client's job is on the line and could she have the £50 NRBF back.

It's a 2 hour 11 year old party and i've charged £120 - it's early afternoon and I have another gig in the evening.

The NRBF of £50 has been paid and the booking forms have been signed. My T's & C's say:

Booking Fees are non-refundable. If you cancel, you will loose all monies paid to SJS Discos. However, Booking Fees may be held against a re-booking.

If you cancel within 1 calendar month of your event, you will still be invoiced for the full amount
    I'm thinking of telling her that I will not refund the deposit, but as a goodwill gesture, I will not insist on her repaying the final £70 as my T's & C's state...What do you think I should do?

I also had a woman book yesterday and se said she was going to bring the deposit round tomorrow and sign the forms. Just had a phonecall to say that she her 'relative' is doing it cheaper, so she wants to cancel.

What the hell's going on?

Cheers in advance
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Scott, I'm not really the best qualified to give advice on this, but as far as I'm concerned, with the Non Returnable Booking Fee, the clue's in the title.

Not enforcing the payment of the balance, and holding the fee for a future booking seems more than reasonable to me.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 31-01-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

The first one - I think your offer is generous enough. So her job is on the line.. well that's not really your concern and this is your job and you still have bills to pay. I guess if you can fill the date with something else, then it would be good PR to offer the booking fee back.

Second one - nothing you can do really as it's not even a booking yet. Good of them to tell you though, usually these are the type that have you waiting for two weeks and then only decide to tell you when you chase them up!
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Keep it, without question. I'd still bill her for the full amount..."on the line" doesn't mean she's out of work.
    Jonathan Ford's Travelling Discotheque http://www.jftd.co.uk/
    Thoughtful mobile disco entertainment across the Midlands

T & C's are there for a reason...

Stick to them! NRBF is exactly that Non Refundable. The client signed the contract they knew the score.

The clients personal circumstances are no concern of yours. I'm currently at the County court stage with one of my clients that "cancelled" and refused to pay.

Are you running a business or a playing games in the school playground??
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    T & C's are there for a reason...

Stick to them! NRBF is exactly that Non Refundable. The client signed the contract they knew the score.

Are you running a business or a playing games in the school playground??
    100% agree with all of that.

(You might want to change 'loose' to 'lose')

I think by not enforcing your T and Cs you are sending out the wrong message to other clients where they cancel and get away with it. Would other companies allow this or would they seek the full amount ?

Im not saying take her to court or anything if they dont pay up but I think you should at least bill her as the T and Cs state and see what happens.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

when the event for as you will probably be rebooked for a better event.
    Listen to Danno in that instance as he usually talks sense.

I would keep the booking fee if not. It is not a lot of money in total to be quite honest so not a lot lost IMO.

I had one the other day and they did not if even as for it. I am waiting for someone to cancel one of my alldayers at £1000 last min lol.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    when the event for as you will probably be rebooked for a better event.
    Listen to Danno in that instance as he usually talks sense.

I would keep the booking fee if not. It is not a lot of money in total to be quite honest so not a lot lost IMO.

I had one the other day and they did not if even as for it. I am waiting for someone to cancel one of my alldayers at £1000 last min lol.
    Come on Toby concentrate

Follow your conscience, not your T&C's!

Mine would give them the fifty quid back.

As for cancellations etc, there already seem to be a trend this year towards booking decisions made solely on cost. Only to be expected in hard times.