Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MY DJ Experiment

Top end..............for warrington
    There are no 5 star.

Good luck Ben. I think there is a definite market for this sort of thing. In fact there is someone I know in Cambridge doing the same sort of thing. Big shows and big production and he is incredibly busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicester Ben View Post
    Woops, there is a 2k Mackie Rig on it also - good spot :
    What would your Mackie rig consist of Ben?
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

2x Mackie SRM 450's
    2x Mackie SWA 1501's
    http://www.premier-ltd.com DJ's, Dance floors, LED Furniture, Staging, Lighting, Draping, Audio & Visual Hire

I have to say, I'll be watching this with some interest as well!

I think it's a great idea and something i have toyed with, after all I'm sure Ben will have the kit he's buying out on hire at some point as well, so it'll make it's money back over time.

I heard a statistic at a business link training event that something like one in 10 customers will always buy the best, regardless of what else is offered / price etc etc. If the perception is that Ben is the 'must have, bees knees of all DJ's', then if that statistic is right there'll be some work at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I heard a statistic at a business link training event that something like one in 10 customers will always buy the best, regardless of what else is offered / price etc etc.

Indeed.

Back in the day when I offered a range of packages, with this in mind my 'middle' package was the one I wanted to sell most of, whilst my 'top' package was designed for these "1 in 10s".

The handful of times I sold the 'top' package always seemed to be for, shall we say, slightly less desirable clients? But hey, they paid the piper so I played their tunes!

I'm currently in Las Vegas, ready for Mobile Beat next week, which is all about the higher end of DJ'n etc......

Talking to one guy who's here already too from Australia last night, his minimal charge for what your offering Ben is $2500 (£1655). Americans seem to be at around $2000 (£1325). This is just core DJ'n then extra for up lighting, logo projection etc......

So think it is very possible with the right marketing.
    Adam F
    07736 834 750
    My opinions expressed here, are MY opinions, and NOT of any company I may represent, liase or work with or for.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    I'm currently in Las Vegas, ready for Mobile Beat next week, which is all about the higher end of DJ'n etc......

Talking to one guy who's here already too from Australia last night, his minimal charge for what your offering Ben is $2500 (£1655). Americans seem to be at around $2000 (£1325). This is just core DJ'n then extra for up lighting, logo projection etc......

Indeed, and it's also possible without going to Las Vegas to have people tell you that...

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have to say, I'll be watching this with some interest as well!

I think it's a great idea and something i have toyed with, after all I'm sure Ben will have the kit he's buying out on hire at some point as well, so it'll make it's money back over time.

I heard a statistic at a business link training event that something like one in 10 customers will always buy the best, regardless of what else is offered / price etc etc. If the perception is that Ben is the 'must have, bees knees of all DJ's', then if that statistic is right there'll be some work at that level.
    Im sure thats right--finding the 10 per cent is the clever bit

Its also not always easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post

I wouldnt take much notice of comparisons with America or OZ==I would concentrate on the UK delegates.
    Last edited by Spirits High; 05-02-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    I wouldnt take much notice of comparisons with America or OZ==I would concentrate on the UK delegates.
    Why's that? Do you think there's nothing to learn from them?

The basics of selling a product/service are pretty much the same anywhere. If someone is getting top rates then it's worth seeing what they're doing, wherever they're based - otherwise you're just saying 'You won't get that around here' but on a global scale!