Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it starting to bite?

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Interesting. Searched Google for Mobile Disco Basingstoke. Shakermaker appears on google maps/places, whatever the heck it is as first one, organic google placement is page 5, way behind a lot of other operators. Are you getting maps/places leads or organics?

Our google maps/places position is also number for our locality, but then its not a big locality.

Not looked at Neil's yet.
    I just searched for Mobile Disco, Goole. Guess who's the first result? Don't ask me how, I don't know.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Over here in Ireland things are similar. My first busy year was '10 with 50 ish gigs, 62 last year and this year only 27 booking so far but the trend is for later bookings and with my dayjob getting busier i would be happy with 40 which is acheivable I believe. I dont offer anything but djing and my full wedding (bands do a lot of wedding here) price is e500 basic and my after band price is e350 with reductions sometimes for day of the week and closeness to the date depending on how I feel about it. I dont have a website but am on the recommended list for maybe 5 venues, am the dj for a band and also network successfully with a number of djs and agencies for abut 25% of my gigs with 50% from the band and the other 25% from word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    Interesting. Searched Google for Mobile Disco Basingstoke. Shakermaker appears on google maps/places, whatever the heck it is as first one, organic google placement is page 5, way behind a lot of other operators. Are you getting maps/places leads or organics?
    Really? I'm getting lots of enquiries?
    Best get on that then this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Apologies for quoting myself, but guess what? I've just got one. I saw an enquiry come in from AmpDJ, specifying phone contact, so rang up, knocked £20 off, and got it. Looks like we can eat next week, now.

PS. It's an 80th birthday. I think my age swung it.
    You beat me to it, I rang them last night and they said they'd booked another DJ - grr. Was entirely my fault though as I was in York all day and my phone's battery had decided to die.

They even rang my home phone, my wife answered and called me. I got the message and rang her back. As she had just popped out she said she would text me their number when she got home. That's when my phone died so didn't get to call them back until about 8pm and got the news that another (peter) DJ had already been booked.

I did secure a 13th birthday party though for this Saturday although I too lowered my price a little as I need the money right now.

Edit - I didn't see the phone number on my phone when I saw the email??? It said, phone contact but just had an email address - puzzling!!!

As I said in another recent thread it is the quietest first quarter that I can remember in a long time but from April and throught the summer it is lookin OK and December and NYE are sold out. If you are desparate to work at this time o the year then you need to do something. Personally I am enjoying some weekends off.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco