Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting new take on the Wedding Dj reinvented

Default Interesting new take on the Wedding Dj reinvented

One of my wedding planner friends has "liked" Wedbeat on FB and it's titled "the Wedding DJ reinvented".

To give you a quick summary in laymans terms the B&G make up a list of their favourite tunes in the virtual studio lasting 3, 4 or 5hrs they are then mixed together, put onto a disc and sent out to the couple.

Looks like a good service, all legal through PRS, PPL etc and I can see it having it's place for instance when the Wedding ceremony is abroad.

But to me it does seem a little pricey.

http://www.wedbeat.com/
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Can't imagine it taking off too much.

Very expensive IMO, especially by the time you've paid for speaker/light hire.

Nice idea though.

I've just had a go at the free playlist - you choose genres and they pick the artists and songs for you. It's a minimum of three genres and you can't choose a genre more than once, so useless if you want all rock or 70's.

Apart from up to 5 favourite tunes you have no say in what songs are chosen or what order they're in, in fact you only get to see the playlist after you've paid for it.

It's for people who don't care about music!

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I've just had a go at the free playlist - you choose genres and they pick the artists and songs for you. It's a minimum of three genres and you can't choose a genre more than once, so useless if you want all rock or 70's.
    Technically true, but apparently you can alter the time slots for each genre, so I think you could cut two slots down to sort of one tune each, thus giving you effectively one genre only.

Apart from up to 5 favourite tunes you have no say in what songs are chosen or what order they're in, in fact you only get to see the playlist after you've paid for it.

Just like a normal disco then.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Just like a normal disco then.
    I don't do normal!

Did manage to get Velvet Underground's 'Venus In Furs' as my first dance choice though!

So, you go for the £249 package, then hire in some speakers and lights...and err, you may as well pay for a DJ?
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post
    So, you go for the £249 package, then hire in some speakers and lights...and err, you may as well pay for a DJ?
    Have you not read the warning on their site? DJ's won't play a seamless flow of music, won't take requests, will insist on playing cheesy crap, and wittering inanely over everything.

Funnily enough, I'm a little amused that it's put onto CD. I'd have expected USB/MP3 to be a more modern solution, apart from the fact that it's dearer.

And also, if they'd hired kit from a certain noteworthy Scottish DJ on here, it wouldn't play CD's anyway. Not unless they'd given him three months notice, or something.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Promising the earth, the Wedding DJ is cheesy, sounds like an amateur, costs a fortune and is terrible on the night.
    How insulting!

Have you not read the warning on their site? DJ's won't play a seamless flow of music, won't take requests, will insist on playing cheesy crap, and wittering inanely over everything.
    So how on earth can a pre-recorded CD take requests?

Also reading the supposed customer testimonies, one claims they danced till 4am, am I to assume they didn't start until 11pm, or did they play the CD twice?

IMO, if the price was £29.99, they would have a chance, at £299 I think the odds of it taking off are just about zero.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Which plenty of DJs do, even if it isn't your style personally.

More importantly, this is an accurate representation of the "cheesy Wedding DJ" caricature which many clients are keen to avoid, so they are using it as a sales tool.

Until prospective clients learn that many of us are nothing like this in reality either by experiencing a "proper" Wedding DJ in action or by being educated by our industry as a whole then plenty of people (including DJs) will use this caricature as a sales aid.

I know I have.
    Exit stage left...