Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting new take on the Wedding Dj reinvented

Okay so you get your disk which is, say three hours long, and if they are worth their salt builds up to a climax at the end of the evening, say the last hour. But on the day the speeches over-run by an hour (which happens regularly!) so now your three hour disc only has two hours to cover, how does it decide what to leave out to ensure the evening still builds to the climax, same [problem as an ipod wedding, all of a sudden you need someone to sort it out!

Covering, West Midlands, Cotswolds, South & Mid Wales. Have van, will travel!
    National Association of DJs

I dont think this will take off at all. Dont worry DJ's!!
    long live lightboxes..........lots of em!!!

A CD can never watch and judge the mood of the floor and alter the music to fill the floor again (saying that nor can a lot of cheesy-disco-daves)

It makes no business sense to have people manually creating individual mixes for each order.

And regardless of the sales talk it's probably all done automatically, I'd guess it randomly picks songs from a pool of tried and tested popular songs from each genre and then based on an algorithm places them in play order and mixes them.

I'm sure it's a fairly sophisticated programme to make sure there's no really awful clangers in there, but I seriously doubt an individual is slaving over the playlist and worrying what song goes where.

If I was being really cynical I'd say there's already a pre-mixed selection for every genre (or several variations) and everybody gets very similar results!

I don't like the idea and I can't see it taking off big time.
    I can imagine that some people will take advantage of it and use it but where's the personality and interraction from the DJ coming from?

It may serve it's purpose to some of the people out there but I'd like to think that most people (especially Brides & Grooms) would actually respect the fact that their day is (should be) the most important day of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I don't like the idea and I can't see it taking off big time.
    I can imagine that some people will take advantage of it and use it but where's the personality and interraction from the DJ coming from?.
    Well considering that according to some folk on here, their interaction consists of announcing the first dance, the buffet and last orders, I don't see any serious disadvantages for the CD in that respect.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    And also, if they'd hired kit from a certain noteworthy Scottish DJ on here, it wouldn't play CD's anyway. Not unless they'd given him three months notice, or something.
    Fundamental flaws in parts of that.

1: They wouldn't be able to hire kit from the DJ mentioned...PERIOD! - he doesn't do hire.

2: No matter how much notice provided there is no longer the facility for him to play CD's.

Ok...carry on., Nothing more to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    2: No matter how much notice provided there is no longer the facility for him to play CD's.
    I bet you have been out and buried the cd players in the ground somewhere just to make sure of it

The downside is once you have recieved your nicely mixed cd back from them, its too late to change your mind if you want to include other songs instead.
    This idea is just one step up from the ipod wedding IMO.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry B Entertainment View Post
    I bet you have been out and buried the cd players in the ground somewhere just to make sure of it
    Buried? Not permanent enough.

Bonfire night was eventful. I skipped round and round the fire cackling like a Tam 'o' Shanter witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry B Entertainment View Post
    IThis idea is just one step up from the ipod wedding IMO.
    I'm not actually convinced it's a step up. It's actually riddled with problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Fundamental flaws in parts of that.

1: They wouldn't be able to hire kit from the DJ mentioned

Excuse me, but I saw no names in my post.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk