Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Interesting new take on the Wedding Dj reinvented

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Excuse me, but I saw no names in my post.
    And there were also no names in the post of mine you quoted. Keep up old man.

Funnily enough, I'm a little amused that it's put onto CD. I'd have expected USB/MP3 to be a more modern solution, apart from the fact that it's dearer.
    For £249 I'd want a player to listen to it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrodisco View Post
    A CD can never watch and judge the mood of the floor and alter the music to fill the floor again (saying that nor can a lot of cheesy-disco-daves)
    Ahh, but it's a 24K gold CD...
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post
    For £249 I'd want a player to listen to it on.
    and I'd want a DJ to press play as well!

On top of that, those websites that proudly support these idiots should be ashamed of themselves.

Under The Vintage Veil
    Peonies & Pearls
    Boho Weddings & Events
    Rock n Roll Bride

I wholeheartedly recommend we all flood their websites, Facebook and twitter pages with messages about how they should be ashamed of themselves for promoting this crap.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Not that I've ever needed to check, but would you expect every venue to have a CD player that can play MP3 discs? I know it's old hat, but a lot of the venues around here, their stock sound system is as old as the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrodisco View Post
    Not that I've ever needed to check, but would you expect every venue to have a CD player that can play MP3 discs? I know it's old hat, but a lot of the venues around here, their stock sound system is as old as the hills.
    Well, the bottom line here is that anyone who puts so little value on the job that we do isn't our client, and we should just move on.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Well, the bottom line here is that anyone who puts so little value on the job that we do isn't our client, and we should just move on.
    Well said that man

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    and I'd want a DJ to press play as well!
    For that money, I could find plenty. Another twenty quid, and I could probably find a good one.

No, to be serious, I disagree. Lord knows, it could be like shovelling sand against the tide, but if they've gone for that dreadful CD because we can't be trusted to give them the service they want, shouldn't we be educating them? It's not as if it's a huge cost saving exercise, cos we all reckon that with PA and lighting hire, it's more costly than hiring some of us.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

No, to be serious, I disagree. Lord knows, it could be like shovelling sand against the tide, but if they've gone for that dreadful CD because we can't be trusted to give them the service they want, shouldn't we be educating them? It's not as if it's a huge cost saving exercise, cos we all reckon that with PA and lighting hire, it's more costly than hiring some of us.
    Hell yeah, just looked at it, for a 4 hour CD with 3 genres (I chose 60s,70s & 80s) it came in at £199.

I could do the whole thing for the same price (occasionally slightly less)

For that money, I could find plenty. Another twenty quid, and I could probably find a good one.

Looking past all the advertising basically they're asking £249 for an MP3 CD of 60 or so random songs with minimal input into what the songs or artists are or what order they're played in!

I bet people are overwhelmed when they receive the finished product and realise what they've actually paid for!

I'm wondering if it's a sideline for one of these companies that supply music for bars, restaurants, shops etc. All the equipment and licenses would already be in place so minimal start-up costs.