Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilemma

Default Dilemma

This thread will probably annoy a lot of people but at least I'm being honest.

Six months ago I did a kids party. It was a great success and I spoke to a lady at the end who wanted a business card. I didn't think anything of it at the time, because she was very demanding throughout the party, asking me 'what I'm going to play next' and 'what games have I got lined up because her daughter like's this..'

Anyway, she phoned me up a couple of days later, enquiring about my services. She was organising a 'Alice in wonderland theme' for her 'darling princess'.

I ran through the costings, which she thought was 'very expensive'. She also told me to 'not pack any of my equipment away until ALL the guests have left because it looks very unprofessional' The last thing she said is 'Book me in then. I will email you my ideas/details later on'

I didn't receive an email BUT I didn't follow it up either.

Anyway, I completely forgot about it because she hadn't been in contact and I've taken another booking.

She's just left me a message saying 'Hi Charlie, looking forward to seeing you in two weeks time. When can you pop round? I want to discuss with you what you're going to wear!?'

Help. What do I do? I feel bad because I didn't chase it up.

Tell her you're sorry but you're not available on the date anymore. She paid no deposit therefore there was no booking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlinn View Post
    Tell her you're sorry but you're not available on the date anymore. She paid no deposit therefore there was no booking.
    Yeah, that's what I thought.

I can't remember if I explained the booking process though. She might have thought everything was sorted when she said 'book me in then'

Well its been 6 months and surely when she booked you before she had booking forms and deposit from you and all dates are free until you receive booking forms and deposit from herself..
    So i would just say its been a long time since i last heard from you and if you had paid a deposit on that date i would of kept the date for you but its now gone,

No, she hasn't booked me before.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    No, she hasn't booked me before.
    Oh Right
    Just say to her that you did not know if she was going to get back to you or not And you have since got a booking for that date.Although Charlie you should of told her your terms and Conditions with your booking terms etc..

She did say "book me in" if you didn't follow through with the correct booking process its all down to you I'm afraid young man.

Better ring her and see if she would be happy with you providing a different entertainer....
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The last thing she said is 'Book me in then. I will email you my ideas/details later on'

I didn't receive an email BUT I didn't follow it up either.
    Going by that Charlie she obviously thought she had a booking - you didn't send her a booking pack, contract or say anything at all which advised her she had to pay a deposit - so she took you on your word.

I'd say it sits squarely with you - you either totally let her down (in her eyes...and mine to be honest) or get cover for the other booking and honour this one.

And keep up with your paperwork and enquiries in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Going by that Charlie she obviously thought she had a booking - you didn't send her a booking pack, contract or say anything at all which advised her she had to pay a deposit - so she took you on your word.

I'd say it sits squarely with you - you either totally let her down (in her eyes...and mine to be honest) or get cover for the other booking and honour this one.

And keep up with your paperwork and enquiries in the future!
    I completely agree, she seemed to want YOU so I think providing a different DJ for her would be a big mistake, get cover for the other one and keep her happy!

If you don't you could soon get a bad reputation of being a DJ that doesn't show up - probably nothing worse for us DJ's and it also puts more ammo in the anti-disco peoples guns...

But you really should have followed it through especially with a statement as 'book me in'. I would have sent paperwork off instantly or even popped round to collect the deposit (NRBF) personally...

If you want to be professional, you need to act it. I'm sure you used to be...

That's the thing.

I don't have any details.

Venue, times, her address. I couldn't even tell you her name. She just called me. TBH, there wasn't much I could do until she had emailed me.