Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Video DJ???

Default Video DJ???

Question: Who uses video screens (TV's etc.) in their disco's and does it add anything to the appeal?

Personally I think a disco should be about the music and some nice lights / lighting effects. I would rather have people dancing than sat or stood watching videos - I cannot see the point of using them.
    Before I get shot down in flames, this is only my opinion - let's see if you can persuade me otherwise

What are your opinions and do you feel it adds value or appeal to your set up? How do you sell it, as an add-on or does it come as standard.

Reason I ask is that I got a booking for Saturday night and another DJ said they could provide video, lasers and mood lighting for £150 not sure why they booked me instead, I will ask on Saturday. Maybe it was my personality (light hearted but professional) and I charged more as well

I don't want to start a price discussion, but this seemed ridiculous, even if I were to use Video, I certainly wouldn't go out for that price...

Discuss...

I personally think that if you are going to do video, then it needs to be done in a big way. The sort of thing that VisualDJMax does. Loads of big screens, banks of plasmas, visuals, proper VJ gear, live cameras, event photographers - the whole visual thing with the 'wow' factor.

That would be worth paying for.

A bloke with a projector screen or a couple of TVs is not adding extra value IMO. And yes, I did do it, for probably half a dozen gigs as a trial, but didn't feel that what I needed to add on in terms of pricing could justify the extra time and expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I personally think that if you are going to do video, then it needs to be done in a big way. The sort of thing that VisualDJMax does. Loads of big screens, banks of plasmas, visuals, proper VJ gear, live cameras, event photographers - the whole visual thing with the 'wow' factor.

A bloke with a projector screen or a couple of TVs is not adding extra value IMO. And yes, I did do it, for probably half a dozen gigs as a trial, but didn't feel that what I needed to add on in terms of pricing could justify the extra time and expense.
    My thoughts exactly, which is how I wonder someone can go out for the less than the price I charge for my 'standard' setup (and I don't charge silly money) - I suppose there will always be people out there to undercut though - in every walk of life...

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post

+1

Not my cup of tea to be honest but people that provide the service really get into it and spend hours editing the videos to fit 12'' versions and being really quite creative.
    long live lightboxes..........lots of em!!!

I do go out with a Large screen TV and charge £75 extra for it. but dont do Music videos. Their is also a photographer taking pics ( my roadie, gives her something to do ) these are then transmitted from the camera via an eyefi card to a laptop and the pictures are displayed in slideshow format on the screen. it is very popular and approx 75% of my booking take this up. The customer is given a CD at the end with all of the pictures. Some are uploaded to my gallery for friends and family to view.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicdj View Post
    I do go out with a Large screen TV and charge £75 extra for it. but dont do Music videos. Their is also a photographer taking pics ( my roadie, gives her something to do ) these are then transmitted from the camera via an eyefi card to a laptop and the pictures are displayed in slideshow format on the screen. it is very popular and approx 75% of my booking take this up. The customer is given a CD at the end with all of the pictures. Some are uploaded to my gallery for friends and family to view.
    Yes I can see that working perhaps, especially at weddings and school proms, I've seen it before but has always been a 3rd party doing it (sometimes the organisers), but my post was regarding specific video DJ's - I just don't get it!