Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The cheek of it....

Default The cheek of it....

Well...just had a phonecall...well lack of thats annoyed the hell out of me.

Sent out the paperwork for a booking at the end of Feb...everything good.

Had a few issues with Royal mail not delivering properly and loosing my post, so once this contract became overdue I emailed them about it and got no reply.

So...just phoned them now, they answered...I got as far as saying its Steve from Dynamic Entertainment, Im just phoning abo..... and they hung up.

The annoying thing is that ive turned down TWO other gigs for the same night and the "client" doesnt even have the decency to actually tell me that they dont need me now...

Kind of p me off TBH...anyway, rant over
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

I have had so many issues with royal mail Steve it got beyond a joke. Switching to digital contracts has been fantastic, not only does it get signed quicker but if they start messing around it becomes clear far earlier i.e if they haven't signed in 7 days you can pretty much open the date again but if you send out a contract, they claim they never got it, send another one out you could be talking 21+ days.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I have had so many issues with royal mail Steve it got beyond a joke. Switching to digital contracts has been fantastic, not only does it get signed quicker but if they start messing around it becomes clear far earlier i.e if they haven't signed in 7 days you can pretty much open the date again but if you send out a contract, they claim they never got it, send another one out you could be talking 21+ days.
    How do you get them to sign and return ?? Is there a program you use ?
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Had the same problem here, in fact 2 in the pipeline at the moment that I will be chasing up tomorrow.
    My point is How easy is it to change to digital contracts??

Dave
    www.bossmankaraokedisco.co.uk & www.coventry-weddingdj.co.uk
    BOSSMAN KARAOKE DISCO inc. COVENTRY WEDDING DJ

Covering Coventry, West Midlands & Warwickshire

Have a look at echo sign. You can sign up for free and send 5 contracts a month for free. Just have a quick play and see what you think.

Echosign gets my vote. I signed up to the full version of echo sign. 95% of my booking forms are returned within 24 hours now. I haven't sent out a single letter in over a year. I love it's ease and simplicity.

What I did was create your contract in word, you can add in fancy headers etc... At the top you have the field for client information, venue, times, service, home address and fee. Then you "print" and if you have a program like cutepdf you just select that instead of your printer and it creates a pdf copy of what you have done in word.

Upload this to echo, put their email address in and bobs your uncle. The first time you upload you need to place boxes at the bottom for both signatures and you can even select who signs first (naturally client for me).

Give it a good, well worth it
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Echosign gets my vote. I signed up to the full version of echo sign. 95% of my booking forms are returned within 24 hours now. I haven't sent out a single letter in over a year. I love it's ease and simplicity.
    Shaun

Can you send me something to show me how it works please?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Shaun

Can you send me something to show me how it works please?
    +1 please Shaun

I've had more people over time ask if they can do everything via email so I have sent PDF's to them. The only thing I don't like about that is that there is more work involved as I have to sign the PDF and then scan it and send it along with the Terms & Conditions. On a couple of occasions they have sent the booking form back and the backside has been blank because they haven't printed out the Terms & Conditions side.

Is there a way around this?

As I said, it's not too much of a problem because it's not the majority that do it this way but I have noticed more people asking if it's ok. I think it's a lot easier for people if they can do it there and then rather than receive it in the post and forget about it. The same with Online Banking, lots of people pay their booking fees and balances that way now with me.