Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The cheek of it....

I've been using EchoSign for about a year now and almost all of my booking forms are sent via email via them.

I type up the booking form in Word, then upload it to EchoSign, add the date and signature blocks then send it...job done!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

I used to do all my paperwork by email, I would confirm the date, time, price, playlist etc then take a hard copy for them to sign, unless it was a wedding, then I would get them to sign it at the meeting. Keep a copy of all emails in the sent folder and use POP3 or IMAP4 and you'll always have a copy on whatever you're using to read them. (iPhone, Blackberry, laptop, tablet, PC etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I've had more people over time ask if they can do everything via email so I have sent PDF's to them. The only thing I don't like about that is that there is more work involved as I have to sign the PDF and then scan it and send it along with the Terms & Conditions. On a couple of occasions they have sent the booking form back and the backside has been blank because they haven't printed out the Terms & Conditions side.

Is there a way around this?

As I said, it's not too much of a problem because it's not the majority that do it this way but I have noticed more people asking if it's ok. I think it's a lot easier for people if they can do it there and then rather than receive it in the post and forget about it. The same with Online Banking, lots of people pay their booking fees and balances that way now with me.

Gary, Why dont you sign in a box upload that to your pc then when doing a pdf just add your signature as a jpg.

I've used echo sign and used to set up the contract, with T&C's at the bottom, all in Pages (Mac) and then export it as a PDF to echo sign. Easy.

I've now gone over to using DJEP and that fills in the contract for you, allows you to write in an explanation of what the client needs to do and the legal implications of signing. Even easier and they have to tick a check box acknowledging the T&C's.
    Bit of a pain to set up the first contract as it's all done in HTML coding with merge tags, but once it's done....

Gotta be better than snail mail!

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Gary, Why dont you sign in a box upload that to your pc then when doing a pdf just add your signature as a jpg.
    Quick word of advice, just in case folks haven't thought about this already:

Don't use your "real" signature (i.e. the one you use on official documents and bank cards etc.) for day-to-day activities such as this. You never really know where they'll end up...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Have a look at echo sign. You can sign up for free and send 5 contracts a month for free. Just have a quick play and see what you think.
    Never heard of it so off for a trawl round the website to have a good look, Thanks Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Echosign gets my vote. I signed up to the full version of echo sign. 95% of my booking forms are returned within 24 hours now. I haven't sent out a single letter in over a year. I love it's ease and simplicity.
    Could be a +1 on "How it works"

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    What I did was create your contract in word, you can add in fancy headers etc... At the top you have the field for client information, venue, times, service, home address and fee. Then you "print" and if you have a program like cutepdf you just select that instead of your printer and it creates a pdf copy of what you have done in word.

Upload this to echo, put their email address in and bobs your uncle. The first time you upload you need to place boxes at the bottom for both signatures and you can even select who signs first (naturally client for me).

Give it a good, well worth it
    Definately going to give this a try after the email I got back today, invoice sent out 14th Jan, contacted end of January and they said they were in the post, emailed again today incase lost and they have cancelled

Many thanks for all the info

Dave
    www.bossmankaraokedisco.co.uk & www.coventry-weddingdj.co.uk
    BOSSMAN KARAOKE DISCO inc. COVENTRY WEDDING DJ

Covering Coventry, West Midlands & Warwickshire

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    +1 please Shaun
    Can I jump on the bandwagon as well please Shaun.

One of my oblectives for the year is to go virtually paperless

Also not being cheeky or anything, but is it simple enough for clients to understand what to do when they receive it ??
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Also not being cheeky or anything, but is it simple enough for clients to understand what to do when they receive it ??
    It's simple enough for a doddery old DJ to understand when he gets sent them
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    It's simple enough for a doddery old DJ to understand when he gets sent them
    Fool proof then
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

How do the clients sign their end. And how does it get returned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]www.super-sonic.eu