Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QSC K12.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    OK Matthew - we've got some good info to work on now.

First thing I pick up on is the setting up - you say 'me'. Can you elaborate please. Are you going to be loading, unloading, putting speakers on and off stands totally by yourself?
    Most of the time yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Meltmusicdj View Post
    Most of the time yes.
    OK - and just to gauge what you can comfortably handle - what speakers have you done this with on a regular basis in the past? Any speakers you've struggled with and thought were a bit too heavy?

OK - and just to gauge what you can comfortably handle - what speakers have you done this with on a regular basis in the past? Any speakers you've struggled with and thought were a bit too heavy?
    Well all I've done is lift 33kg 15inch speaker but not on stand.

Well all I've done is lift 33kg 15inch speaker but not on stand.
    I'm talking about gig situations Matthew, I can lift a 60kg bass bin, I can't walk with it though! And at 2am in the morning when you've got outside venue steps to go down and it's raining believe me weight becomes very important if you're on your own.

So have you ever put any speakers on speaker stands by yourself?
    If so, which ones? (If not that's not an issue )

I'm talking about gig situations Matthew, I can lift a 60kg bass bin, I can't walk with it though! And at 2am in the morning when you've got outside venue steps to go down and it's raining believe me weight becomes very important if you're on your own.

So have you ever put any speakers on speaker stands by yourself?
    If so, which ones? (If not that's not an issue )
    No I have never put speakers on a stand.

The QSC k10 might be better than the K12 as they're lighter. supposed to be a better sound too.

No I have never put speakers on a stand.
    OK - and you're definitely going to be setting up on your own most of the time? No one helping you load/unload the vehicle, carry in/out, getting lighting on overheads etc?

I'm not the strongest person around, but I bet I'm stronger than you! And I find even a fairly small rig can be an effort sometimes with awkward access, stairs etc.

I'm sure we could work out a really good lightweight option if that's what's really needed, but I'm not going to go down that track if you actually have someone helping you do the heavy work at every gig.

I take it your not driving yourself there - so who else is going to be with you?

OK - and you're definitely going to be setting up on your own most of the time? No one helping you load/unload the vehicle, carry in/out, getting lighting on overheads etc?

I'm not the strongest person around, but I bet I'm stronger than you! And I find even a fairly small rig can be an effort sometimes with awkward access, stairs etc.

I'm sure we could work out a really good lightweight option if that's what's really needed, but I'm not going to go down that track if you actually have someone helping you do the heavy work at every gig.

I take it your not driving yourself there - so who else is going to be with you?
    My mum drives me to the gigs and she helps me unload however I do all the sound and my mum does the lighting as it is easier for her so really no more the 23kg for the tops.

PS: I'm stronger then my mum but we need a lightweight system because when I'm older I'll be driving.

My mum drives me to the gigs and she helps me unload however I do all the sound and my mum does the lighting as it is easier for her so really no more the 23kg for the tops.

PS: I'm stronger then my mum but we need a lightweight system because when I'm older I'll be driving.
    Seriously Matthew - 23kg is a real lump to get on stands. It's not just the weight but the ease of lift you have to think about (some speakers can weigh exactly the same but be much more awkward to to handle position and weight distribution).

I'd make life easy and go for the lightest, decent speakers you can.

Have a look at the DB Technologies 605D's - 15" (so won't need a bass bin for 99.9% of gigs) and only 12.5kg.

I'd also seriously look at the Bose systems - sounds like you have the budget for them, and a lot of very good DJ's use them for big parties. I know there are people who don't like them as well but I think you should have a listen and make your own mind up about them.

I'd also seriously look at the Bose systems - sounds like you have the budget for them, and a lot of very good DJ's use them for big parties.

Something like that would be perfect for you!

Are you sure you want to spend £1800+ on some speakers? I thought your website was priority? What speakers are you using at the moment?