Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you expecting a cancellation this weekend?

I've just had a text from the lady for my gig tomorrow saying that she has got some big heaters for the barn and also that the road has been cleared so it looks like everything is ok for tomorrow.

Very mild here in Dublin, but damp & foggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I guess it depends on how bad the weather is where you are.
    We've had snow overnight and it's not that bad really.
    I am kind of expecting a call from my customer if it stays at it is because my Saturday gig is out of town and off some back roads on a farm.

I am in a big barn as I have mentioned before and the forecast is for maybe more snow but the temperature is supposed to be -3 or something. I'm not fancying it at the moment and I'm also not fancying the chances of it going ahead but you never know. It's all been paid for in advance but if it gets cancelled, a re-scheduled date isn't much of a problem. The thing is, I know how much this lady is looking forward to the party.

This wouldn't be a concern really if I was indoors but it's the fact that it's almost outdoors that worries me. I am not going to contact the customer and say anything as she could well be holding out until the last minute to make a decision. As far as I am concerned I will go and set up as normal tomorrow.

What's it like where you are and are you expecting a cancellation tonight or this weekend.
    Luckily I was in North London last night working at New Southgate doing the hardest Barn Dance in the World ever--I wont elaborate--luckily I finished at 6pm ( School gig) and it snowed on the way back to Kettering but was not a problem.

Today its all melted on the roads so unless it snows again should be ok--im glad I dont have a gig tomorrow although my son is travelling down to Guildford for a gig so we are hoping it doesnt snow heavily in that area--no panic calls from clients---yet

You were 2 miles away from us, and didn't stop off for a coffee, Alan?

Shame on you!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    You were 2 miles away from us, and didn't stop off for a coffee, Alan?

Shame on you!
    I know I know but I was really worried the snow would stop me getting home

I was also looking to lie down in a darkened room asap following post gig neurosis--asking myself---how on earth did you blag your way through that gig Alan?

60 Infant School kids from at least 10 different countries being Entertained for 2 hours with me, a microphone and 6 tracks--im still baffled.

I was making up dances on the fly as I went along

Still seeing a little lad from maybe Nigeria dancing the Virginia Reel with a little girl in traditional dress from (maybe who knows) Roumania made my night.

I need to lie down again

I'll let you off

Things are looking a tad white this morning, after a frost approaching -15! Car's a runner, but I'm not even going to try the van. I've got a day job booked in which may not happen, and our visitors arrived last night in a poorly motor car. Three guesses who's going to have to try to fix the thing. Ah well.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Things are looking a tad white this morning, after a frost approaching -15! Car's a runner, but I'm not even going to try the van. I've got a day job booked in which may not happen, and our visitors arrived last night in a poorly motor car. Three guesses who's going to have to try to fix the thing. Ah well.
    Minus 15 here---hope my sons Transit starts for the gig tonight

Where did I put those jump leads

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    our visitors arrived last night in a poorly motor car. Three guesses who's going to have to try to fix the thing. Ah well.
    Mr. Lumbering Inferno ?
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

-6 last night but bright and sunny. No more snow since last weekend. No gigs this weekend but I did have to cancel my Monday afternoon and evening classes. Tuesday only 8 people tuned up and only 10 on Wednesday. Havent made much this week!
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco