Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Plagiarism - Dont you just love it

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    This text has been lifted from my site:

"We use professional quality sound and lighting equipment and we also carry spare equipment as back-up should anything go wrong.

We have a vast collection of music ranging from the 50′s through to today’s latest “Top 40″ as well as pre-release music which is not yet in the charts. We are more than happy for you to choose the music for your event and we also welcome requests at the function as well, as this gives us a broader knowledge of what music you and your guests want to hear."
    While I agree that it might annoy you(though I am not sure I understand why) what else is there to say about sound and light and music collections.
    How does the fact that it is on his site impact on yours.
    If it was a picture that you took or something pertaining to you then I would agree but a piece of innocuous text.Sorry cant see it.

Whilst I don't agree with plagiarism, I wonder how many other businesses get the same problem ? E.G. bulider saying 'I use a trowel and plumbline when buliding a wall to ensure you get the best wall possible. I also use bricks' I know that's not quite the same but there are only so many ways you can say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    While I agree that it might annoy you(though I am not sure I understand why) what else is there to say about sound and light and music collections.
    If it was a picture that you took or something pertaining to you then I would agree but a piece of innocuous text.Sorry cant see it.
    He's made no attempt to re-word it, just blatantly copied it!

I emailed him asking to remove or re-write it...nothing. So, sent him a message via facebook...nothing. So, I have just emailed his webhost asking them to do something about it.

Simple rule in life, if you me off, I will always find a way to make you realise it!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    Why not just take any text by Robert Burns or Shakespeare and say that you wrote it then. Search engines did mark people down for copied text (maybe still do). If the original composer of the work took hours to think up the most simple yet effective text then that's ok for everyone else to just think "that'll do, I'll have that"?

Where do you draw the line? What can you say about love that hasn't been said before? So I'll just use these lyrics in my song:

You think you lost your love,
    When I saw her yesterday.
    It's you she's thinking of
    And she told me what to say.
    She says she loves you
    And you know that can't be bad.
    Yes, she loves you
    And you know you should be glad. ooh!

Further to my previous post. I have just received a reply from FastHosts, who host the blokes website, saying:

Dear Scott,

Further to your previous e-mail we have forwarded your concerns to our client who has yet to respond to us.

As a result, the site is now is the process of being suspended pending a further investigation.
    I have just checked and his website it has already been pulled.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs