Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't you hate it when......

Pinterest send you their daily email of "pins you might be interested in" - and they're ALL yours!

You've literally only just started playing low background music at a car show & an older gent approaches you to ask if this music will be on all day. He's not happy at your answer that no, not quite all day but until 3 o' clock and rants that a car show should be completely devoid of music. He goes on to lighten your mood though, when he announces that he's leaving the event.

Later, as I'm wrapping cables & packing my van to go home lots of other people approach me & tell me they very much enjoyed the music throughout. What? Even the Matt Monro track the Mini fans asked for? "Well", I said as 'On Days Like These' came to an end... "If I had any street cred when I pressed play on that one I certainly don't have any now". Cue titters from behind me.. Ah well 'twas a lovely day despite the miserable old git

PS.. Had I known the Matt Monro track better I probably would have made any excuse not to play it. Oh my GOD it's awful, hardly befitting a happy occasion on a warm summer's day
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 07-07-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    You've literally only just started playing low background music at a car show & an older gent approaches you to ask if this music will be on all day. He's not happy at your answer that no, not quite all day but until 3 o' clock and rants that a car show should be completely devoid of music. He goes on to lighten your mood though, when he announces that he's leaving the event.
    Justin, years ago when I was doing store launches for the Co-op, I had poppy sellers standing near me, on rota. The first one, an older gent was delighted that I'd played some Inkspots for him, and thanked me. The second one, a lady of a few years less asked if I was a permanent fixture, and if so she'd change to Tesco. Charming!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Later, as I'm wrapping cables & packing my van to go home lots of other people approach me & tell me they very much enjoyed the music throughout. What? Even the Matt Monro track the Mini fans asked for? "Well", I said as 'On Days Like These' came to an end... "If I had any street cred when I pressed play on that one I certainly don't have any now". Cue titters from behind me.. Ah well 'twas a lovely day despite the miserable old git

PS.. Had I known the Matt Monro track better I probably would have made any excuse not to play it. Oh my GOD it's awful, hardly befitting a happy occasion on a warm summer's day
    You soulless nerk! Music from the soundtrack from an iconic British film, perfectly in tune with a lovely relaxed summer's day.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Justin, years ago when I was doing store launches for the Co-op, I had poppy sellers standing near me, on rota. The first one, an older gent was delighted that I'd played some Inkspots for him, and thanked me. The second one, a lady of a few years less asked if I was a permanent fixture, and if so she'd change to Tesco. Charming!

You soulless nerk! Music from the soundtrack from an iconic British film, perfectly in tune with a lovely relaxed summer's day.
    That's why I'd played Self Preservation Society earlier

I hate it when a Maui 5 that has been doing a sterling job of playing background music refuses point blank to produce an output from a wired microphone despite clearly indicating that it is receiving a signal from it. Spanner time I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by cloudswiper View Post
    I hate it when a Maui 5 that has been doing a sterling job of playing background music refuses point blank to produce an output from a wired microphone despite clearly indicating that it is receiving a signal from it. Spanner time I guess...
    Did you have the microphone volume turned up?

I hate when you are 2 hours late getting in to a room, then they want you to set up in 10 minutes as the tog is leaving then.

Did you have the microphone volume turned up?
    To the max!

Don't you just hate it when....

You've invested a stack of money in Lightrider to control your lighting (which let me down BADLY several weeks ago and I no longer trust), and then Chauvet release a version of SoundSwitch at such a ridiculously low price that you have to pull the trigger

(for info, went to my local NADJ chapter meeting tonight, saw SoundSwitch in action....and fell in LOVE ...goodbye Lightrider)

When a client gives you a usb stick with a track on they need playing (for a demo which had been arranged - Yes I tried to get this before the gig).

The problem was, I was already up and running, playing BGM.

I've only 2 accessable USB slots on my laptop, one running my DMX controller, and one running my MC 6000.

So unplugged the dmx usb, plugged in their usb stick, copied the file off, plugged my light controller back in.

Guess what. Light controller no longer working.

On top of that the midi link to my mc6000 also stopped working. (Audio was fine).

Looks like plugging in the usb stick killed my USB drivers .

S2L and laptop control was in order for the night.