Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't you hate it when......

Default Don't you hate it when......

Here's a new thread to add to.....(Disco related only)

Don't you hate it when........

You're playing to a busy dancefloor and they're loving the music. You put the next tune on and a couple of people suddenly stop dancing, turn around and look at you as if to say "What is this?" because you've upset their flow and they don't recognise it and then all of a sudden they realise what it is and start dancing again.

This happened to me 3 times last night with the same 2 young ladies. They were on the dancefloor literally all night and loving it but on 3 occasions there were tracks that they didn't recognise at first. The funny thing was that on one of them (Red Light - 'Get Out My Head'), one of the girls was dancing right in front of me and had requested it earlier. It didn't go with what I was playing at the time she requested it so I waited until I went into tracks with the same style. She has asked me a couple of times for it and when I eventually played it, she came over and asked "What's this, can you play my track please?" when I was actually playing it.

I said "Listen" and she stood there and said "Oh yeah, sorry!".

Not really annoying as such as it makes me laugh.

So.....

Don't you hate it when......

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Don't you hate it when......
    People post threads, asking " Don't you hate it when? "

Inconsiderate brain dead pond life sit/stand exactly where you're taking bits of kit out for the umpteenth time in a few minutes. And are surprised/dismayed when you ask them to move, or clatter them with a speaker.

Venues set up an obstacle course in your honour, so you can show how easily you can get a two foot wide trolley through a sixteen inch gap.

Having been in a venue for two hours with all the kit, you eventually are granted access, and ten minutes later "Aren't you ready yet". Grrrrrrrr.

More as a few brain cells fire into life.

Edit: When a pint of Orange Squash costs more than 50p.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    When a pint of Orange Squash costs more than 50p.
    You're soooooo Yorkshire with a sprinkling of Scottish thrown in

Has 'tha never heard of filling yer own drinks bottle up, 'that knows, them ones with the sports caps, cost you next to nowt to drink orange squash for the whole neeet 'that knows, 'appen
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

When you have spent quite a while in consultation with the person hosting the event discussing the music, making sure you have all of their 'special/memorable' tracks and you are happy that you have covered all your bases.

Then you get there and they give you a further list of obscure tracks that they insist must be played.

JTRS

You've started setting up in the pre agreed location at the venue, client turns up and decides the whole layout of the venue needs to change requiring me to drag the deckstand about 70% complete across the venue.

Should have stood my ground, as should the venue manager but one of those things! First time it's happend as well so not too bad!
    ATR The X-Faders | Mobile DJ's in Essex
    Billericay & Surrounding Areas
    http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by simonp View Post
    You're soooooo Yorkshire with a sprinkling of Scottish thrown in

Has 'tha never heard of filling yer own drinks bottle up, 'that knows, them ones with the sports caps, cost you next to nowt to drink orange squash for the whole neeet 'that knows, 'appen
    I have indubitably heard of exactly the practice you so eloquently describe, but to me that reeks of desperation, and is bad form. A bit like having a Dog, and barking yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JTRS View Post
    When you have spent quite a while in consultation with the person hosting the event discussing the music, making sure you have all of their 'special/memorable' tracks and you are happy that you have covered all your bases.
    Or as described above, and about three tracks in, binning the playlist, and reverting to the Usual Suspects.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I have indubitably heard of exactly the practice you so eloquently describe, but to me that reeks of desperation, and is bad form. A bit like having a Dog, and barking yourself.
    Absolutely old bean
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

A Yorkshire Terrier ? For the sake of economy, they yap rather than a full-blooded bark ?

Don't you just hate it when people spend all night in their seats, and then tell you what a great time they've had
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Somebody asks for a request, you have it cued up, just about to play it, and they go to the toilet, or the bar.!

no one gets up for the karaoke, till you have your big finish planned, then they all want to sing !!
    "Flexability - versatility and a sat-nav !!"

BeatRoute Mobile Disco & Karaoke covering Sunderland, Durham, & Tyne and wear areas.