Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't you hate it when......

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post

You're playing to a busy dancefloor and they're loving the music. You put the next tune on and a couple of people suddenly stop dancing, turn around and look at you as if to say "What is this?" because you've upset their flow and they don't recognise it and then all of a sudden they realise what it is and start dancing again.
    That used to happen to me every time at a regular gig with the same girl, nearly every song she would turn round and give me the "what the hell is this?" look, then started dancing when she realised she knew it. Also annoying is when they give you that look, then see that all their friends love it and join in!

Don't you just hate it when ......

nobody dances
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

Quote Originally Posted by axeman View Post
    no one gets up for the karaoke, till you have your big finish planned, then they all want to sing !!

Or when you've had no requests all night.........Then become inundated with them 10 mins from the end

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

The Bride and Groom do the First Dance and you get the audience to give them a big round of applause.

Later you realise it WASNT the Bride---it was her friend/relative

And no tells you.

When you've put the hot water in to your coffee cup then go to the fridge only to realise that the one thing you forgot to get when you went to the shop half an hour ago was the milk - and now the shop is closed!!

Quote Originally Posted by axeman View Post
    no one gets up for the karaoke, till you have your big finish planned, then they all want to sing !!
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post

Or when you've had no requests all night.........Then become inundated with them 10 mins from the end
    Really? In all these years doing karaoke I've never had that happen to me!!

Yeah, right!!!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    When you've put the hot water in to your coffee cup then go to the fridge only to realise that the one thing you forgot to get when you went to the shop half an hour ago was the milk - and now the shop is closed!!
    I know. The amount of times I've done that while doing a disco

I'd have to say post #9 get's my vote.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I did a wedding last year and had a cd done of the B&G first dance and the songs they wanted payed during the night. They already had them from iTunes, but wanted a memento of the day. After they'd done the first dance, the disapeared for a while, later I saw them and went up with the CD. I kissed the bride on the cheek (she was a good friend and had done her dad's 50th the NYE before) told her she looked lovely and shook the groom's hand, and gave them the cd.

Was scarleh went few days later found out it was her sister & her hubby !

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Somebody asks for a request, you have it cued up, just about to play it, and they go to the toilet, or the bar.!
    Totally agree!
    That happens more often than not. Some people seem to think that the music revolves around them (guests mainly).

"Can you play Rihanna for me but I'm just nipping out for a fag first so don't play it until I come back".

"Can you play Rihanna for me but I'm just nipping to the loo".

"Can you play Rihanna for me NEXT as I am going soon" (and they're still there 30 minutes after you've played it".

....and the classic...

"Can you play Rihanna for me...Come on, it's MY birthday too".

People who are rude. Full Stop.

That includes clients, guests, event managers, hotel staff and basically every one else!!!
    Ralph @ Disco Magic
    www.disco-magic.co.uk
    www.toastmasterinsurrey.co.uk

"Creating Magical Memories and Exceptional Events"

Not this weekend just gone but the one before, there was an absolutely stunning young lady at a function I did. I spoke to her earlier on in the evening and she was really lovely. A few hours later and probably a few glasses of wine down the line, she was rude and it was a total turn off...shame really.