Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 79 of 79

Thread: Don't you hate it when......

  1. #71

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Midlands
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    cheap vistaprint cards!
    Have you seen the prices after they've added all the little extras like P&P, VAT, Reasonable delivery time (as opposed to a 2 week wait), Decent thickness card, Spot colour, Glazed finish, etc etc. they're certainly far from their cheap advertised 8.99 'headline' price :-)
    Observe without judging what you see

    Disco 4 Hire

  2. #72
    Dinosaur Excalibur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Have you seen the prices after they've added all the little extras like P&P, VAT, Reasonable delivery time (as opposed to a 2 week wait), Decent thickness card, Spot colour, Glazed finish, etc etc. they're certainly far from their cheap advertised 8.99 'headline' price :-)
    You're not wrong there!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

    www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

  3. #73
    Nakatomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durham, Co Durham
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    .. You're in bed just dozing off having come down from a decent gig and... Your flipping van alarm starts going off. It takes a while for it to register because it's not a sound you've ever heard before now...

    You grab the keys & run downstairs, open the back door then as you get onto the driveway you realise you're naked. Oh well.

    So why did the alarm go off? The van was still locked, all windows & doors intact... A moth!!

  4. #74
    Imagine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ely, Cambridgeshire
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    You meet the bride and groom for tomorrow's all-day wedding (because they've been too busy up to now) and despite saying they didn't want prelude music, now decide they do.

    The venue is remote and the wedding ceremony will be sans-electricity (Maui 5 Go and iPad controlling everything)....so time to sit down and pre-mix an hours worth of music whilst the guests settle in when I should be in bed snoozing to be at my best

  5. #75
    Dinosaur Excalibur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,636

    Default

    Customers assume that because you're " over 21 " you don't have/ won't play anything released this century. Grrr.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

    www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

  6. #76
    Imagine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ely, Cambridgeshire
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Customers assume that because you're " over 21 " you don't have/ won't play anything released this century. Grrr.

    .....aaaand?
    Mine tonight (a millennial wedding) consisted mainly of the 1970s.....absolute BLISS

  7. #77
    Dinosaur Excalibur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Age
    64
    Posts
    25,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    .....aaaand?
    Mine tonight (a millennial wedding) consisted mainly of the 1970s.....absolute BLISS
    Don't you hate it when?







    Colleagues boast about having gigs with mainly 70s music.


    I'm still a mod here, sonny. I've got lots of buttons I can press.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

    www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

  8. #78
    Mark 2 Version
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chester-le-Street
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Customers assume that because you're " over 21 " you don't have/ won't play anything released this century. Grrr.
    And a lot of DJs assume similar too - especially younger ones

  9. #79
    Nakatomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durham, Co Durham
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    A guest with an overinflated sense of important demands the mic to announce to the crowd that she & the bride do a special dance to the track you're playing. You don't allow it but later when she feels the need to sing along to Proud Mary you again refuse, she gets the bride involved . You say the same to the bride. Bride goes away again without comment. Woman comes back again & tells you on no uncertain terms "you're gonna be on TripAdvisor". Well miss, if you carried much weight with the bride surely you'd have been a bridesmaid? Meh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •