Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever had this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Just took an enquiry for a gig and the customer has given me a list of about 80 tracks to play during the 4 hours! About 60 of them are floor killers. If you've ever experienced this, what did you do?
    Personally I would be upfront and tell them what you think.

Get on the dog and run through things explaining why you feel in your experience it wont work.

Although they know their family and friends you know more than they do about Discos--hopefully

I agree with NKR if you think its going to be a disaster tell them to find someone else.

I have turned away work where they want to go to 2am and 3 am which I am not prepared to do for personal reasons--although I did offer the services of Forum ( and ex Forum) Members to cover the hours.

If you do reach a compromise make sure you GET PAID WELL IN ADVANCE.

I send out with quotes playlists of popular tunes to people that I use regularly and that gives them a clue where I am coming from--if they want AC/DC or RnB all night they certainly would not be asking me to do the gig.

It would be useful to see the tracks--

There is one solution sometimes--if they want a particular Genre or Band of non mainstream style you could dedicate 30 minutes to that and get it out the way early on.

The get back to your floorfillers.
    Last edited by CRAZY K; 12-02-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Just took an enquiry for a gig and the customer has given me a list of about 80 tracks to play during the 4 hours! About 60 of them are floor killers. If you've ever experienced this, what did you do?
    If they were insistant on their playlist I simply wouldn't take the gig, no one is twisting your arm, it's not law you have to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

Others do not find it so simple, their artistic integrity gets in the way.
    Too darn right Peter
    Every day's a school day

Floorfillerz Mobile Disco

Simon Pridmore

He who pays the piper........