Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JAMdisco new website

Simple site, but not sure on the hot pink background on your gallery page.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    Simple site, but not sure on the hot pink background on your gallery page.
    The pink background is on the Wedding page, not the gallery page lol.

I quite like it on the wedding page, looks nice in my opinion, but then again, it's not MY opinion I guess lol

Just as a side note, jotform seems to have gone down so my form isn't available on my contact page, hope this is just a temporary thing...

As the Jotform website has gone down (something to do with US Investigation) I've now used FoxyForm instead, just as good and also free (It also uses an anti-spam code too which is a nice touch).

If any of you use Jotform on your website as the method of contact, you will need to change it to something else.

I'm not sure if this is a temporary thing but there is no mention of it being back up in the near future...
    Last edited by Excalibur; 16-02-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by JAMdisco View Post
    If any of you use Jotform on your website as the method of contact, you will need to change it to something else.

I'm not sure if this is a temporary thing but there is no mention of it being back up in the near future...
    http://www.jotform.net/blog/45-JotForm-com-Suspended

Although, IMHO it's always best to host your own form processor script, as you've found out it's never good to rely on 3rd parties...

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    You could copy (but not infringe copyright) by using Tonys idea ( A1) hes got them scrolling and rolling across the homepage--nice one!
    I've added a 'Testimonials' area on the wedding page for now - easier that the scrolling thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Just a further thought Justin, if you are likely to get a fair number of enquiries you may wish to put off the tyre kickers who will waste your time by indicating starting prices.

I do this on my own personal site and I dont get too many time wasters although there are still enquiries that never materialise after the filtering process and its pretty obvious the money is the problem ( again )

All in a days work.

I think I'd rather get enquiries and sell the services myself, I have been known in the past to sell to people after the cheapest price (after I'd pointed out the pro's & con's) for a higher price than their original budget.

Anyway, any more offers of advice on the website, I think it's almost done for now (must have uploaded it a dozen times already lol)