Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Venue Slagging Me Off

Don't send a letter, go and speak to them if you do decide to contact them, not all guns blazing of course.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

It's great when things can be described as useful.

What would be really useful is if more people would like to donate to Cancer research for my 24 hour solo DJ event this weekend using the useful link in my signature.

I have got bigger plugs than that plug, but only for 3-phase
    ... Soon be Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    It's great when things can be described as useful.

What would be really useful is if more people would like to donate to Cancer research for my 24 hour solo DJ event this weekend using the useful link in my signature.

I have got bigger plugs than that plug, but only for 3-phase
    All Done! Thanks Gary

Mine done too - sorry forgot
    High quality bespoke wedding entertainment
    www.thepinkelephantcompany.co.uk
    part of 'The Pink Elephant Entertainment Company Ltd'

I would just like to publicly thank Mike for his help and advice - I spent an hour and ten minutes on the phone to him!

I have decided to leave it for a couple of days and then see how I feel. At the end of the day, I am not going to change this particular person's point of view, and I probably should just move on. I don't have any more gigs booked in at this venue so I'm not losing anything more.

Thanks again for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by rossken View Post
    I would just like to publicly thank Mike for his help and advice - I spent an hour and ten minutes on the phone to him!

I have decided to leave it for a couple of days and then see how I feel. At the end of the day, I am not going to change this particular person's point of view, and I probably should just move on. I don't have any more gigs booked in at this venue so I'm not losing anything more.

Thanks for your kind comments Ross. Glad to be of some help.

Quote Originally Posted by rossken View Post

You could be losing more than you realise.

Sorry to go against the grain here---I was appalled to read this post--possibly a good reason to join the MU or NADJ if you dont fancy fighting cases personally.

The most informed person on this is Angela at Corabar who may wish to give you advice ( or maybe not )

Obviously we may not know all the facts---however I think this MIGHT be verging on slander if the defamation of character is made to third parties and can be proved to be malicious and is not true.

Take Legal advice if necessary.

Sounds like you have that evidence already from your happy customer.

I would personally go and see the Manager---and ask him to explain WHY his staff are making statements about you which according to witnesses are completely untrue.

I think the opinion of the staff is irrelevant--its the customer and their guests that count.

Be careful to make sure you have verbal statements from the customer AND READ THEM OUT.

It can take years to build a reputation and one incident like this to destroy it.