Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: getting started with it..

Karaoke disco is quite a different animal to straight disco 1st you realy should be comfortable singing yourself.
    2nd how will you react when a drunken partygoer starts swinging your sm58 through the air like a cowboy believe me it happens
    3rd you have to be able to comunicate on a personal 1 to 1 level sometimes with drunken people who have no thought for your equipment safety of others they start shouting and getting abusive
    not trying to put you off but as a night club dj or party dj you dont realy have to have as much contact with the punters as when you do karaoke
    plus as others have said its buying a cdg collection updating books regular printing slips weekly not a idea to be taken lightly not trying to put you off i have done both for 10 years just trying to let you know what your letting yourself in for whatever you decide good luck ! jules

Am slowly backing out of this market as a view to going into doing DVD music nights but am going to hold on to my discs just for the odd Karaoke Disco I do but straight out Karaoke is a nono in my books its old hat and its very dead or stale to most in this area we have 1 guy whom does it but thats it no one else bothers anymore

Sam

Cheers for the feedback..
    I always thought there was a bigger market to be honest..
    But i guess if people want it they can go and buy one of these cheap things from argos or a PS2 disk if it was just for a party instead of booking a KJ

you can buy an alba dvd75 from sainsbury's for £20 and use top quality karaoke discs on them now including the likes of sunfly and it plays normal DVD's as well and mp3 discs so in a sense the karaoke market has been killed by the industry its self by making it to easy to get hold of and accessable for all. I even believe the new PS3 will be able to play them as well as the newer more secure divX discs that will be the death null of the industry