Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEDJ Star Cloth

Default LEDJ Star Cloth

Hi, I am thinking of using a star cloth on my four foot stand and was after advice on a good one to use, I have noticed that LEDJ Cloths seems to be the one that must online shops have recommended. Having trouble finding anyone with the NJD Starcloth in stock.
    I was only going to use it at smaller venues where space is restricted as I have yet to see anything better to use at the front of my Disco than light screens. My experience with star cloths at the moment is that they look saggy and scruffy. If someone can recommend a decent star cloth I can use then your help would be appreciated. I have been told that the ledj cloths comes with a bar that eliminates the sagging.
    Thanks.

Hi,

I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to help however could I ask you pop along to the newbies section to formally introduce yourself to the forum. We find once new members do this people here are far more inclined to interact with you on the forum.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

No the problem with star cloths is that they are made from material which if hung incorrectly will inevitably sag.
    It is not the cloth but how you attach it that defines how it will look.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 22-02-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Merged and edited posts
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

I have the ledj tri led one and no sag at all.

I really like it and the effects are nice with good sound to light effects.

Visit us at Teeny Pops Disco - http://www.teenypops.co.uk
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/teenypopsdisco
    See us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/TeenyPopsDisco

I too use the LEDJ starcloth - only reason I got it was because my old starcloth 'died' and I needed one urgently for Christmas 2010.

I was after the NJD one made of surge wool as they don't wrinkle as much but I had the same issue - no one had them in stock. I have since been told that they can be rather delicate so maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

I've had it over a year now and no problems, yes you do get a bar that fits into a 4 ft deckstand and if you pull it tight the wrinkles soon flatten out - with the lights down low you definitely can't see any.

The velcro is really strong so you can get a good tight fit, I would recommend them and if I was to buy another I would get the LEDJ one again. You can see pictures of mine on my website (blatant plug alert ).

I would prefer a S&H style booth but at the moment I can't justify the cost - if my latest venture pulls off I may consider it.

Hope this helps and, oh yeah, welcome to the forum.

[edit] To spin mobile disco - there is an edit button at the bottom of your post - you can edit your original post within 10 minutes
    Last edited by JAMdisco; 22-02-2012 at 05:45 PM.

NJD uses proper serge wool fr fabric , but as with the previous post can be quite delicate. I've had the "back off " mine a number of times with broken wires ... although nothing a soldering iron and some pvc tape won't fix though. Ebay for the NJD may be your best bet.
    WOODY

I have the LEDJ Star cloth and it hangs much better I my old Rhino/Kam deck stand than on my new Ultimax.

With the old stand, I was able to pull the material down over the feet at the bottom and pull it absolutely straight...with the Ultimax, it just doesn't look anywhere near as good.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

I use a bit of a mish/mash of things, but it looks good
    I have an ultimax deckstand and I use the 'L' shaped brackets off the ultimax front curtain kit, the cross piece from a LEDJ starcloth and a NJD starcloth. The 'L' brackets get the bar to the perfect height. The LEDJ cross piece keeps the top of the cloth in the right place with no sagging at all. The NJD starcloth is a far better cloth in my eyes due to the serge cloth, but I also agree it's easy to damage the wires, but they're also a piece of cake to fix. I have a white & a black cloth which I swap to suit the event.
    Craig Algar - Sheffield Wedding DJ
    Professional Wedding DJ & Moodlighting Services in Yorkshire
    www.sheffieldweddingdj.co.uk

There's a new range of starcloths due to launch soon that will be wool serge and good quality to fit ultimax stands and larger backdrops... no exact launch date as yet but shouldnt be too far off
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

Quote Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
    There's a new range of starcloths due to launch soon that will be wool serge and good quality to fit ultimax stands and larger backdrops... no exact launch date as yet but shouldnt be too far off
    Tell us more James, I'm intrigued!
    Andy