Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Price for residencies

Default Price for residencies

Can anyone give me an idea on a price for a residency Karaoke. Before anyone says this is not the karaoke forum, I know, but wanted an opinion from all if pos.

I am getting fed up of quoting a reasonable price for a residency, only to get told, they have found someone cheaper, for about £50 to £70 per night - 4 hour stints.

Any advice would be welcome.

DK

I'm afraid this is something that happens a lot - 'cowboy' KJs come along with a wallet full of copied CDG discs and undercut the pro's. I don't know if there's even anything you can do about it, I doubt reporting them would make a difference

It gets to me the Short-sightedness of some pub landlords. They hire a cowboy, that puts on a lousy show, doens't interact with the public, puts on lousy karaoke tracks, all dating back to Abba and Elvis, with no latest up-dates, and they get away with it.

We found that with a good disco/karaoke, you get a band of followers, who really appreciate a good dj/kj, so if the show is poor, they go somewhere else.

DK

Sam

I guess people all have to start somewhere...
    Out of interest.. how much is the music?

Quote Originally Posted by AsTecDJs
    I guess people all have to start somewhere...
    Out of interest.. how much is the music?
    Karaoke CD-Gs?? They are between £10 and £20 I think - a bit over-expensive if you ask me, but don't want to go into the whole prices vs piracy thing.

A good starter pack would be something like this, but a good catalogue of songs would set you back at least £1000.

There are many brands and prices. Some brands are considered the best for quality, so you pay more. Sunfly, which is british, are between £21.95 to £22plus each, but you get an additional disc of most wanted each time you order. Quality is not very good, and you nearly always get the dreaded fade outs, not appropriate for karaoke.

Legend is also british and good quality, they are around £10 to £13 each.

Zoom also good quality again around the same price.

Sound Choice American brand, in my opinion one of the best. You can get them for around $15 to $22 each.

Pocket songs are excellent, but expensive and usually only have around 8 tracks, but also come with an additional 8 tracks with guide vocals.

We order a lot of our stuff from the states, as the price is cheaper especially with the dollor being so low against the pound. We bought 20 discs recently for just £15 including post and packing. Excellent quality.

DK

Sam

Cheers.. i dont think im going to dip into that market yet.. im spending 500 ish on dmx moving heads so looks a bit expensive for the amount you get back

well the cd's are about the same price as cdpools cds or dmc or mastermix etc so i know what you mean
    just keep trying mate you will get there
    DJ's DON'T SHARE NEEDLES

Sam

Well it was only something noggling at my mind too be honest. I supply a great disco service.. and too be honest I prefer concentrating on wedding discos and would get a bit annoyed with Kareoke etc.

Any decent residency would pay at least £135 a night, but my mate whom does the discos down one of my locals gets £100 but then he has the whole hotels bookings all year round