Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Equinox Dominator

Default Equinox Dominator

Hi, as anyone got any views on the Equinox Dominator.
    I am wondering how effective these scanners are without smoke machines.

http://www.djkit.com/equinox/equinox...t.html?cat=279

[Moved to Equipment Discussion forum]

Although we haven't had a previous thread dedicated to the Dominator, it has been mentioned several times in threads.

General consensus - don't bother: it only has movement on one axis (ie up-down). There is no side-to-side movement whatsoever, so becomes somewhat tedious.

Yep and without smoke it is very boring. I had 2 and sent them back. The sound to light system requires high volume to work so no good to use at smaller function either.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by spin mobile disco View Post
    Yep and without smoke it is very boring. I had 2 and sent them back. The sound to light system requires high volume to work so no good to use at smaller function either.
    But it has DMX so you could always use the sound-to-light through a DMX controller, or use scenes etc...

If it was about £100 cheaper I would maybe consider one but seems a bit steep at £235 especially when there are better (IMO) lighting effects out for a lot less money.

I'm still using my ImpossibLED but am getting tired of dots to be honest, I'll be looking to get some LED lighting with gobo's eventually.

Thanks, thats enough to convince me not to bother. Can anyone recommend some good scanners at that sort of price which look good without smoke or are alot of mobile disco's still using smoke machines to get a good effect.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, the mirrors only move side to side ( or up and down, I forget which ) There's a smaller one which moves both ways, and seems better value.It's been mentioned on here, but I can't remember the name.

Edit: Reckon it might be this one.
    http://prolight.co.uk/item/eqled55/
    Last edited by Excalibur; 02-03-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

The Equinox Scantastic4 Is similar, but has side to side motion as well as up and down, sound activation works well, plus can be DMX'd 4 scanners in one unit.

Hi there discoinferno. Please have a read here: http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ad.php?t=11711

We all eagerly await your intro thread in the newbies forum!

Default Using a Chauvet Obey 40 controller with the Domin8r

Hi everyone,

I have read this discussion with interest. I bought one, and the sound to light is very, very insensitive - I had to hook up a pair of headphones to get the sound to light to work at ear splitting levels on the back of the microphone!

So I am trying a Chauvet Obey 40 Controller, also with a view to creating a better light show than the Domin8r can provide. Cannot get it to work at all - anyone out there had any luck with a DMX controller?

Many thanks,

Simon
    Light Year Disco

Quote Originally Posted by Simon57 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have read this discussion with interest. I bought one, and the sound to light is very, very insensitive - I had to hook up a pair of headphones to get the sound to light to work at ear splitting levels on the back of the microphone!

So I am trying a Chauvet Obey 40 Controller, also with a view to creating a better light show than the Domin8r can provide. Cannot get it to work at all - anyone out there had any luck with a DMX controller?

Many thanks,

Simon
    Light Year Disco
    Hi there, Simon. As you're new to the forum, can I just point you in the direction of this:-
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Are you new to the forum?. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the members in this forum section by Clicking Here. We've found that our members are usually more forthcoming with their help and advice when new members have taking the time to say hello and tell a little about themselves. So, jump right on in. Welcome to the MDD forum!

New members posts are initially moderated, which means your posts wont be visible until they are approved by a moderator. The 'moderation' is a temporary measure and is automatically removed after 10 posts.

And finally, Please also take a moment to fill in your profile, which is a requirement of the Modile Disco Directory Forum. This can be done via the User CP settings at the top left hand side of the forum - alternatively you can fast-track to the options by Clicking Here. Thanks.
    I look forward to reading your intro