Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal Here

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Do you take booking payments etc. at fayres?

Just asking as I hate selling to people at those events. i would rather them go home and think about it.
    i would never commit to something on the day as a groom unless I was really 100%.

I wouls also rather know the details of the wedding as a supplier as you never know.

I always take a contact and let them think about it - but then again I am not cheap.
    Just rather meet them again on their own time at the venue when I can give them 100% attention.

I still use internet transfer and have no issues. Used paypal for a year and knocked up a £1200 charge
    God knows what that would be now - probably £3000 ?? Just done the maths and its pushing 10k

You think 2.5% is not much but trust me it will soon add up.
    But it comes off your tax bill

With regards to wedding fayres...you never had anyone crack out the cheque book there and then?

Ive had brides and grooms come visit wedding fayres just to meet me after getting a quote (at least meeting me was a part of it, according to them). I get a good few wanting to pay their deposit to secure ther booking straight away...as does alot of other providers that i network with.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    You sure you're doing almost £400,000.00 turnover, Toby?
    I was also thinking something didn't look right but maybe times are good in the new forest?

Doing kids parties my charges are much cheaper than you high end guys, but I also use PayPal for deposits, but I do charge it onto the client.

I normally take a £20 deposit, which I think the PayPal fees are somewhere in the region of £0.80, so deposits made via PayPal are £21.

I make the client fully aware of this and no-one has ever quibbled, I guess if they posted a cheque the cost of the stamp, envelope, hassle to post etc adds up anyway.

Visit us at Teeny Pops Disco - http://www.teenypops.co.uk
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/teenypopsdisco
    See us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/TeenyPopsDisco

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    So (apart from the shocking 2.7% fee) what do we think of PayPal Here?

Perfect for taking deposits there and then at client meetings and any other time someone says "can I book you for ..." ?

With the device being provided for free and no subscription costs - just the 2.7% usage fee - is it something you'll snap up?
    Its a definate winner, but it looks like its not compatable with Blackberry phones!
    I find it hard to believe the reader will be provided free!
    Its probably on the understanding that a minimum amount will be transacted during a set period.

Quote Originally Posted by weekender45 View Post
    it looks like its not compatable with Blackberry phones!
    Correct. iPhone only at the moment unless the site's been updated in the last couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by weekender45 View Post
    I find it hard to believe the reader will be provided free!
    Its probably on the understanding that a minimum amount will be transacted during a set period.
    It's my understanding that it's free to business account holders. They'll see from your past history that you're good for it (or not!).

It's gonna be on the Android Marketplace too...so that's HTC, Samsung etc etc....

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

I'm quite liking that, will also prove useful when taking the fee on the night.

Although I always stipulate cash on the night before disco commences, I have had a few come up and say "will you take a cheque". I've never accepted a cheque on the night but I suppose an alternative would be to accept card payment (I would also stipulate that an extra 2.5% is paid to cover the cost).

Balls in their court (so to speak), just another alternative I suppose.

Can you stipulate that 2.5% is added on though? i thouth that was against paypals rules? Although I could have dreamt that thread/conversation

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    Can you stipulate that 2.5% is added on though? i thouth that was against paypals rules? Although I could have dreamt that thread/conversation
    If you're not allowed to do this, then the easy way round is to up your price by 2.5% and offer a 2.5% settlement discount for balances settled by bank transfer rather than cards/cheques (I'd still want the full fee for cheques as they take more admin!)
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Here's an alternative low cost way of using the direct debit system to receive money, one off or regular payments with a 1% transaction charge, limited to a maximum of £2.00 per transaction.

In their words - Get paid directly from your customers’ bank accounts. No merchant account. No credit card fees. No hassle.

At the moment their product in their words, The product we have right now requires you to integrate with our API (technical jargon for "mess around with complicated website stuff"). We will be launching a product which is just as fantastic for non-technical businesses (i.e. you) in the next couple of weeks.

But when they have their simpler offering is definitely going to be of interest to me and I thought it might be of interest to martin and a few other members.

www.gocardless.com