Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PayPal Here

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Here's an alternative low cost way of using the direct debit system to receive money, one off or regular payments with a 1% transaction charge, limited to a maximum of £2.00 per transaction.

In their words - Get paid directly from your customers’ bank accounts. No merchant account. No credit card fees. No hassle.

At the moment their product in their words, The product we have right now requires you to integrate with our API (technical jargon for "mess around with complicated website stuff"). We will be launching a product which is just as fantastic for non-technical businesses (i.e. you) in the next couple of weeks.

But when they have their simpler offering is definitely going to be of interest to me and I thought it might be of interest to martin and a few other members.

www.gocardless.com
    Maybe I've missed something but they don't take card payments. In effect, they charge £2 max to make a bank transfer when you could do it for free?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Here's an alternative low cost way of using the direct debit system to receive money, one off or regular payments with a 1% transaction charge, limited to a maximum of £2.00 per transaction.

Looks like a good idea BUT my biggest reservation would be the amount of explaining you'd need to do to convince the punter to enter their bank account details. Unless it became mainstream I expect they'd be very wary of punching their details into (effectively) a stranger's smartphone. It just wouldn't lend itself to impulse purchases.

At least with the PayPal method it's familiar and virtually instant (i.e. a card swipe and a PIN entry) and of course the PayPal brand is very well established.