Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Following up lost sales

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I'd suggest a trial run of chasing these folks up, I did a batch recently and two came back and booked. Sometimes they have been busy but a few have said they had forgot so a good chance that would of been someone who didn't book.
    neil that is pretty much as things happen, been busy forgot etc and a portion of these people end up booking.

i want to go a step further and find out why i am loosing some bookings, as has been said above probably price which i can accept because i am not in the cheaper end, what i am trying to find out is why people are choosing x over y apart from price.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    In the light of what's been posted above, are you perhaps missing a trick? Especially if it can be done automatically. It's something I may consider.
    What you need is a CRM system

I'd suggest a trial run of chasing these folks up, I did a batch recently and two came back and booked. Sometimes they have been busy but a few have said they had forgot so a good chance that would of been someone who didn't book.
    Exactly the same happened here, So do a trial run.

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    What you need is a CRM system
    Is that recommended for a person of my advanced age? Bear in mind I've got a weak heart.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    neil that is pretty much as things happen, been busy forgot etc and a portion of these people end up booking.

i want to go a step further and find out why i am loosing some bookings, as has been said above probably price which i can accept because i am not in the cheaper end, what i am trying to find out is why people are choosing x over y apart from price.
    Only reason that I've been given, I've asked a number but none of them replied apart from the ones mentioning price.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

In the light of what's been posted above, are you perhaps missing a trick? Especially if it can be done automatically. It's something I may consider.
    I might be indeed, I was just replying to how I do things at the moment, I'll email a few and see what comes of it

Only reason that I've been given, I've asked a number but none of them replied apart from the ones mentioning price.
    i have replied to a lost sale today with the usual thank you for the opportunity to quote and i hope it all goes well etc.

but this time i added a couple of questions

did you get a range of quotes and what were they and also asked if the lowest price was the major factor in booking the dj.

not holding my breath for a decent reply.

the enquiry originally came from a listing site,which initially made me think price shopper, but maybe not necessarily so.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I always chase anything that looks to be a good booking, but only once and I don't hold my breath about hearing anything back as 9 times out of 10 I get ignored.

It's particularly frustrating when it's last minute and you've bounced several emails back and forward and you're already half planning logistics, for if they do give the go ahead, and then they don't have the courtesy to just say "no thanks" ...
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Is that recommended for a person of my advanced age? Bear in mind I've got a weak heart.
    Well you can track opportunities and take care of some automated tasks such as email followups etc

You can also report on conversion rates etc

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    Well you can track opportunities and take care of some automated tasks such as email followups etc

You can also report on conversion rates etc
    Care to share any tips / recommendations on a good CRM system?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 23-03-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Spelling