Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sound Limiter Law

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Why on earth would you 'like' the idea of plugging into a limiter?
    I dont but its better than all the power going off as it effectively turns down your speakers. Never used one so not sure if it can damage equipment or not. Cant see why
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I dont but its better than all the power going off as it effectively turns down your speakers.

I do struggle to know what you're on about sometimes Toby.

The AVC2 could be used in place of these damaging power cut off limiters! Simply have 4 XLRs on the wall, two in and two out, DJ, band etc comes in plugs into that and off we go! Far better than those horrible things!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    The AVC2 could be used in place of these damaging power cut off limiters! Simply have 4 XLRs on the wall, two in and two out, DJ, band etc comes in plugs into that and off we go! Far better than those horrible things!
    The AVC2 is only suitable for a fixed installation as it works on the signal level passing through it and has to be set up for the amps that follow it. With different systems being connected the calibration would not be correct.

Thats why Formula Sound brought out the AT1 which is a modified AVC2 which is controlled by a Sentry. The Sentry gets calibrated for the allowable level in the venue and sends a control signal to the AT1 to reduce the level of the audio. If a performer doesnt or cant feed their signal through the AT1 then it uses the brute force approach of removing the power. Its a really nice way of enforcing a neccessary evil.

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    The AVC2 is only suitable for a fixed installation as it works on the signal level passing through it and has to be set up for the amps that follow it. With different systems being connected the calibration would not be correct.

Thats why Formula Sound brought out the AT1 which is a modified AVC2 which is controlled by a Sentry. The Sentry gets calibrated for the allowable level in the venue and sends a control signal to the AT1 to reduce the level of the audio. If a performer doesnt or cant feed their signal through the AT1 then it uses the brute force approach of removing the power. Its a really nice way of enforcing a neccessary evil.
    Its just a fancy compressor that is set to a pre determined level when the signal is over that it 'quietens' the system. The way I described above is the way it was set up by Stage Electrics in my old school!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post

I do struggle to know what you're on about sometimes Toby.
    Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    If a performer doesnt or cant feed their signal through the AT1 then it uses the brute force approach of removing the power. Its a really nice way of enforcing a neccessary evil.
    Thats what I meant.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/