Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Start of evening song list

Default Start of evening song list

At the wedding I did on saturday, after the first and second dance I followed with this little set.

Kool & The Gang - Celebration
    Supremes - Where did our love go
    Ace of bass - Always have, always will,
    Billy Ocean - Love really hurts
    Four Tops - Cant help myself
    Detroit spinners - working my way back to you

Full dance floor and a guy comes up and asks me if I was a Northern soul fan as this music was bringing back loads of memories and he was loving it.

Well I felt chuffed but didnt think it was Northern soul I was playing, and a bit of a decade mix but it went really well.

What are your faovourite 3 or 4 tracks to get the crowd going at a wedding when you are catering for mixed ages.

Excellent choice to start, especially at a wedding where you want to keep people up after the second dance. Motown and those soul/disco classics are always popular so you might as well use them at the start.
    As well as them, I have used Scissor Sisters "Don`t Like Dancin" and Ronson/Winehouse "Valerie" to ensure a good start.
    Filling the dance floor and helping us dj`s relax a bit after the nerves of making sure the first dance goes off without a hitch. Whats not to like?
    Nothing worse than people leaving the dance floor, third song in!!
    CDK ENTERTAINMENTS
    *music for all occasions"