Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: wav files for 46p each

Daz, I can't help wondering if Lee is aware you were on the Licence Working Party (consulting committee) for ProDub & as such know more about it than anyone on the forum (or by the looks of things, the minions at Equity)
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Daz, I can't help wondering if Lee is aware you were on the Licence Working Party (consulting committee) for ProDub & as such know more about it than anyone on the forum (or by the looks of things, the minions at Equity)
    It's not really to do with that Steve. We all know the basic premise for the licence, but Lee keeps bringing it up with an opinion in different wording from another body or association. Most of what they said is true, but we knew that anyway.

But what they omitted is rather crucial
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I don't see anything wrong with what Equity has said: they just haven't gone on to say that DJs making additional copies also need ProDub, but why would they? They are clearly answering a question there about whether or not performers require ProDub to licence their backing tracks!

That statement does not contradict anything we've already said.

Can't help wondering why any DJ would even care what Equity says about anything DJ related bearing in mind that, up to last year at least, Equity didn't recognise DJs as entertainers. Only a couple of brave branches even allowed DJs to join - against NEC guidelines. I was an Equity member but I had to join as a 'Variety performer' and not as a DJ. 'Nuff said!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    When your IT guy takes a copy of your server for back-up does he have to pay a licence for a copy of all the media content? The law permits a back-up copy. Laws change to adapt to circumstances. If you tried to prosecute me for creating a back-up copy you would be laughed out of court.

I can't believe you uphold a belief that is unworkable and totally impracticable. So please put your police uniform away.

Lee
    Angela please don't put your police uniform away......lol many a dream can be had lol
    Gaz Evans
    www.candybeatdiscos.com
    Kids Parties, Weddings, Birthdays
    Fife, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling & Glasgow