Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wav files for 46p each

I remember too hearing something about the backup.

Remember, all those prices above are + VAT so it's not £600 it's £720, it's not £50 per month it's £60, billed quarterly so it's £180 per quarter...

I don't pay that much now so i'll give it a miss.
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post

Remember, all those prices above are + VAT so it's not £600 it's £720, it's not £50 per month it's £60, billed quarterly so it's £180 per quarter...

Ditto - Too much for my needs. Nice idea for start up DJs that want a legal music collection mind you.

Supplying Premier DJ's for Weddings,
    Birthdays & Social Events.

www.basingstokediscos.co.uk

Default Format Shifting

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Really? First time I've heard that one, and seems to go against everything that Produb stands for!
    I am not Format Shifting. You pay a produb licence to Format Shift. You are also permitted to have a back-up copy of your Format Shifted files.

Default £10 per gig

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post

£720 works out at £10 per gig for me. I was spending £35 per gig on CDs and licences... so it is a huge saving for me.

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    You pay a produb licence to Format Shift.
    No, you pay for the Produb to make copies, regardless of format, hence the reason why copyright is involved as you are 'copying'.

Default back-up

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    No, you pay for the Produb to make copies, regardless of format, hence the reason why copyright is involved as you are 'copying'.
    Think we are going round in circles. There is still no need to have a Produb for a back-up copy of downloaded tracks.
    I have the email from the MCPS. This issue has already been discussed on this forum before so thought was widely understood.
    Lee

QUOTE from an email dated 8th June 2010:
    Hi Lee,

You are allowed to make back up copies of legitimate, legal copies without the need for a ProDub licence.

If you are format shifting and making copies for the purposes of your work as a professional DJ then a Licence would be required.

Many thanks

Andy Ewbank l Music Licensing Manager l

I have had a trial of this, it seems a bit fickle to get along with. It would have been better if they put all the weeks latest releases in a seperate area instead of having to search for songs.

I didn't realise the pirces were + vat either.

It will start becoming a real pain having to check the charts, hunt down new releases etc and type that all in to find what you want.

With my cd pool sub, most tracks are there and maybe I'll have to buy a couple to make up whats not there.

All in all, I can't justify £60 a month, so ..... i'm out

QUOTE from an email dated 8th June 2010:

If you are format shifting and making copies for the purposes of your work as a professional DJ then a Licence would be required.
    So you make a copy for what then Lee? If your hard drive died, you would then need to use the copies, so therefore would require the copy to use as a professional DJ (eg: commercial, making money from the music)

SO basically if you intend on making a copy of your downloads for use as a professional DJ, then you need the licence.

Read the email again, as that is exactly what it is saying.

There is still no need to have a Produb for a back-up copy of downloaded tracks.
    If you are a member of the public not using the tracks to DJ with or for commercial gain.

Default time

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    So you make a copy for what then Lee? If your hard drive died, you would then need to use the copies, so therefore would require the copy to use as a professional DJ (eg: commercial, making money from the music)

SO basically if you intend on making a copy of your downloads for use as a professional DJ, then you need the licence.

Read the email again, as that is exactly what it is saying.

If you are a member of the public not using the tracks to DJ with or for commercial gain.
    A back-up copy is for that exact purpose. To re-instate files lost due to a hardware error. If it happened I wouldn't be creating an extra copy I would be restoring a copy.

I have several other emails from the MCPS discussing this issue. I clarified it with them long before using mobiledjdownloads.com in 2010. I have nothing to hide. I was as confused as you until I contacted them. They created the laws and they up-hold the laws. They know my purpose and are happy with what I am doing. You are just trying to wind me up.

Lee