Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wav files for 46p each

Quote Originally Posted by leelive View Post
    A back-up copy is for that exact purpose. To re-instate files lost due to a hardware error. If it happened I wouldn't be creating an extra copy I would be restoring a copy.

I have several other emails from the MCPS discussing this issue. I clarified it with them long before using mobiledjdownloads.com in 2010. I have nothing to hide. I was as confused as you until I contacted them. They created the laws and they up-hold the laws. They know my purpose and are happy with what I am doing. You are just trying to wind me up.

Lee
    Sorry?

How dare you suggest I am trying to wind you up.

I am stating fact.

Lee, would now be a good time to point out that Darren was involved in the creation process of ProDub? If anyone on this forum knows what you can & can't do........

Seems to me that you are missing the significance of one particular part of the email "for the purposes of your work as a professional DJ ".
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Seems to me that you are missing the significance of one particular part of the email "for the purposes of your work as a professional DJ ".
    Precisely.

You are talking mince. I am not using my back-up copy for DJing.

Quote from Produb website:

3. As I have already paid for the music I am copying, why do I still need to pay for a ProDub Licence?

......"If you therefore wish to make copies of these recordings for the purpose of carrying out performances such as DJing then you need to obtain a licence"

I am not using my back-up copy for DJing.
    So what is it for then?
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

You are talking mince. I am not using my back-up copy for DJing.

Quote from Produb website:

3. As I have already paid for the music I am copying, why do I still need to pay for a ProDub Licence?

......"If you therefore wish to make copies of these recordings for the purpose of carrying out performances such as DJing then you need to obtain a licence"
    You are walking a very fine line between having an opinion and being rude.

If you are not using your back up copy for DJing, then why are you making it for?

As I said, if your main hard drive dies, you then have to use your backup. Ah, but wait, you can't because as you've said, if you aren't using them for DJing, you don't have to pay for the license.

Tell me Lee, when you are DJing, do you not take a back up hard drive with copies of all your files?

You forgot this bit, it reads with a different emphasis with it's inclusion, I guess that's why they put it there.

"When you purchase recordings, for example CDs from a record store or downloads from a legitimate online music service, you are only buying the right to listen to these recordings for private and domestic uses. This is why these recordings normally state that any unauthorised copying, hiring, broadcasting, etc of them is not permitted."

Default point?

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    You forgot this bit, it reads with a different emphasis with it's inclusion, I guess that's why they put it there.

"When you purchase recordings, for example CDs from a record store or downloads from a legitimate online music service, you are only buying the right to listen to these recordings for private and domestic uses. This is why these recordings normally state that any unauthorised copying, hiring, broadcasting, etc of them is not permitted."
    ok... so put the whole sentence together... and you still get the same answer.

....."If you therefore wish to make copies of these recordings for the purpose of carrying out performances such as DJing then you need to obtain a licence"

I am not using a back-up copy for DJing purposes it is a back up copy. END OF STORY.

As you seem to be having difficulty seeing a question that both Darren & I have asked you, I'll try again.

What is the back-up copy for? Why do you have one? What do you intend doing with it?

I am not using a back-up copy for DJing purposes it is a back up copy. END OF STORY.
    Not quite...

Could you answer my question with regards to if you take a back up hard drive with you when working?