Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton Hotel

Default Southampton Hotel

Can anyone from this end suggest a decent hotel for myself next week? Probably looking into it too much but some of the trip adviser reviews are scaring me.

Cheers!

How long are you staying for? Surely anything cheap and cheerful will do for a day or so?

You're right, but after some research (probably a bit too much) it would be cheaper for me to stay in a Hilton than it would Premier Inn!

Somewhere that's near the cruise docks, has got a local boozer for a couple of fosters and preferably wifi in the bedroom.

there are three nearest the docks
    first one being a Holiday Inn, opposite that is the Grand de Vere, then a little up the road you have a brand new Premier Inn right next to Carnival Uk headquarters.
    Most of these are not very far from central town so beer choice is not very limited and I would expect any of these to have wifi.
    I would say go with the Premier Inn as its only been there about a year so room standards should be adequete.

Further up the road you have a Novotel and an etap right next to each other, and on the same business estate as the nearest Mcdonalds

the etap is basically a box to rent for the night and the Novotel are a bit too up themselves imo (won't let any DJ in there except there own contracted one)

i think if you look at any trip advisor there will be horror stories on any hotel anywhere but you take a chance really and if you don't like what you get then complain there in person not on a cpu afterwards

hope that helps
    Spyke

Spyke - you're a star!

Have you done cruise work seeing as though you know Carnival House?

No worries,

I haven't done cruise work before but the new carnival hq is pretty hard to miss, its big and white and they uplight the huge wall at night which is quite nice as its a rough cut texture not plain and flat. plus it's pretty much right next to the biggest most yellow building in the south...........IKEA!

Jurys inn would be the best bet as its right next to Bedford Place and quite near the docks. Easy to find too.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=jury...d+Kingdom&z=16

Did you want to meet up for a pint Charlie?
    For once i have nothing in the Diary till Sat! Not one client meeting zilch so will take the week off.

If you want cheap then there are loads all around near the Etap as Spike said. Litterally about 6 of them do the prices will be good:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=etap...d+Kingdom&z=15

But your too posh for that. Stick with Jurys Inn - much better.
    Last edited by yourdj; 04-04-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    But your too posh for that. Stick with Jurys Inn - much better.

If all works out, (I'll know by tomorrow) I'll be coming down on the Monday night if your free? Will you be driving? Didn't know you lived in Southampton? Thought it was Hampshire? Or am I getting confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Didn't know you lived in Southampton? Thought it was Hampshire? Or am I getting confused.
    Yes Southampton is in Hampshire Charlie - Are you sure your not supposed to go to Northampton

I live in Hythe (Applemore) across the water next to the New Forest as you can see by the lovely un-spoilt countryside.

Just a shame about Fawley really!

-
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by yourdj; 04-04-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

If all works out, (I'll know by tomorrow) I'll be coming down on the Monday night if your free? Will you be driving? Didn't know you lived in Southampton? Thought it was Hampshire? Or am I getting confused.
    According to Google, The New Forest is 23 mins away from Southampton.