Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone/Broadband Scam!!!!!

Default Phone/Broadband Scam!!!!!

Notice! had phone call this afternoon from a call centre regarding the slowness of my computer/broadband router, they will ask you to sign into a website with an account number/login details which they supply, which will intern be sent off to south africe/africe for which they will rinse your back account dry with any details on your computer (i.e. any form of internet banking
    ML DISCOS Discothque Servies Pleasing The Crowd Since 1998.

His name wasn't George was it...

"Sir, I am a legitimate employee of Morrisons!"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's sad to see this scam still going on. One of the worst offenders would ring and say they were Microsoft employees which would add some weight to the scam. The said thing is, they were an official MS partner. This was brought to MS's attention some time ago but they were very slow to act. Now lots of people know about the scam and there are more and more scammers doing it.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Has anyone had an email from TalkTalk? They're cutting off my service, because I changed my secure code on some payment system. I don't think that I'll be too inconvenienced, since TalkTalk don't provide me with anything, and I don't have any contracts with them.

I suspect a ( fairly well crafted ) scam.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Yes, I got it and need to change my 3-D password.

Your account details have been changed.
    We noticed that you recently changed the 3-D Secure Password (Verified By Visa or MasterCard SecureCode) you use to pay your TalkTalk bill, you are the rightful holder of the TalkTalk account and you must verify your account!

Both my nattwest and halifax bank accounts have been compromised again this week and i must change my details..... Again i don't have accounts with either... how do people fall for this?

Although barclays being so poor i was in america a few years back and they called to say my account had been blocked due to suspected fraud. I said thanks for letting me know and could you please reactivate my card. I was told we have cancelled it and another is on its way to you know, i pointed out i was in america and asked how i was going to by a plane ticket home to collect the new card when they had cancelled the one i had... Needless to say they now check before they cancel like sensible people.

It had turned out my local shell garage had been the culprit and an employee had brought a nice holiday to barbados on me! all i did was fill up with fuel!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Has anyone had an email from TalkTalk? They're cutting off my service, because I changed my secure code on some payment system. I don't think that I'll be too inconvenienced, since TalkTalk don't provide me with anything, and I don't have any contracts with them.

I had this when I opened my emails this morning Peter. It will be deleted!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    Yes, I got it and need to change my 3-D password.

Your account details have been changed.
    We noticed that you recently changed the 3-D Secure Password (Verified By Visa or MasterCard SecureCode) you use to pay your TalkTalk bill, you are the rightful holder of the TalkTalk account and you must verify your account!
    I got this, this morning and for a moment I was slightly confused because I used to be with Talk Talk until about 6 months ago.

Then I thought.
    1. My 3 digit code has not changed.
    2. If your still taking money and I haven't noticed, I damn sure don't want to pay you anymore!

It was early though!