Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: best place for repairs

Default best place for repairs

hey guys, maybe a stupid question but wheres the best place/company to get amps serviced/repaired, i've had two amps go down in the same amount of weeks, as ive only lost one 1 channel on both amps, im guessing a power cap or something has gone, but its eaiser to send off to get serviced/repaired any ideas guys??
    ML DISCOS Discothque Servies Pleasing The Crowd Since 1998.

I'd also be thinking about the gear going into the amps by now too - two amps failing on one channel in two weeks is a little odd - and although it could just be coincidence, I'd start looking at the mixers, whether or not it was the same channel on each amp that suffered etc.

If there is a common catalyst to these amp issues, you could be making the repaired amps suffer again, immediately upon their return to you.
    ... Soon be Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I'd also be thinking about the gear going into the amps by now too - two amps failing on one channel in two weeks is a little odd - and although it could just be coincidence, I'd start looking at the mixers, whether or not it was the same channel on each amp that suffered etc.

If there is a common catalyst to these amp issues, you could be making the repaired amps suffer again, immediately upon their return to you.
    very true gary, this i had not intiually thought off, i shall dig me gear out, and starting testing everything, and if i remember, it was 2 channels on 2 different amps but both on different channel, channel B on the first one, and then channel A on the next

Unfortunately I don't know enough about Amps to suggest much else but could something on the outputs cause the issues eg: a faulty speaker lead, faulty crossover within a speaker etc?
    ... Soon be Christmas

Unfortunately I don't know enough about Amps to suggest much else but could something on the outputs cause the issues eg: a faulty speaker lead, faulty crossover within a speaker etc?
    well i dont reckons its a speaker lead because i tried that in my attempt to see if it was a broken lead, so switched to a new lead, and used the lead on the other side, but i sall get it serviced locally near me, and let you know what the problem turned out to be

Quote Originally Posted by mldiscos View Post
    hey guys, maybe a stupid question but wheres the best place/company to get amps serviced/repaired, i've had two amps go down in the same amount of weeks, as ive only lost one 1 channel on both amps, im guessing a power cap or something has gone, but its eaiser to send off to get serviced/repaired any ideas guys??
    Theo lives in Birchington so maybe he will be along soon with the name of a local repairer.

ha, cheers crazy K i had not thought about theo, cheers for the g up i shall get hold of him

Steve at TruSound is very competent. Not sure on the locality to you though but he does a cheap return courier service.

Quote Originally Posted by mldiscos View Post
    very true gary, this i had not intiually thought off, i shall dig me gear out, and starting testing everything, and if i remember, it was 2 channels on 2 different amps but both on different channel, channel B on the first one, and then channel A on the next
    That could be a red herring. If the common fault were to be say a speaker,( or cable ) you may have plugged it into channel A on the first amp, and channel B on the second. Similarly with mixer faults, you may not have connected up the same way each time, ie you may have crossed the wires to the channels.

I'm with Gary all the way , the rest of the system needs a thorough check, in case a newly repaired amp goes the same way after a few gigs.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Maybe you need a bigger amp, are you clipping them constantly?